HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Alphabetizing "My Favorites"?
Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.181.---)
Date: October 23, 2013 06:27PM

Is it possible to have the songs listed in alphabetical order in the "My Favorites" section?

I've got a whole bunch of songs in the "My Favorites" section, but after accumulating so many (and still adding on), it's kinda difficult, and time consuming, to find any particular one song. They don't seem to be in any defined order. Some of my more recencently added "Favorites" are quite a bit higher up on the list than those that have been on the list for a couple of years and are at the near end of the list. While other newly added songs are near the end, but not at the end....

So I got to thinking (I know, always a dangerous thing eye rolling smiley ) is it possible to have the "My Favorites" song list alphabetized for ease of use?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alphabetizing "My Favorites"?
Posted by: harmusman (80.44.164.---)
Date: October 25, 2013 02:32PM

I agree with you Deb, favourites listing is random in its make up, I too have thought it would be better if they came in alphabetically. As is the case with our own tabs, whenever one sets a new tab these can be found easily as they are listed as A-Z. As it is difficult to find favourites I guess that if you know the title you want, instead of going up and down your faves list, just go straight to it in the A-Z list

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: October 27, 2013 08:04PM

One thing which I had planned to do but just never got around to is allowing people to sort the list anyway they want.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.178.---)
Date: October 30, 2013 02:23PM

djlactose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> allowing people to sort the list
> anyway they want.

How much of a hassle would it be for you to be able to do that?

It would be nice to be able to alphabetize them, but I know you have other responsibilites besides this site... so... no pressure.

Date: October 30, 2013 02:53PM

I am working on something big for this site... so I am putting my efforts there. I will just sort it alphabetically for now.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (174.225.0.---)
Date: December 05, 2013 03:38PM

Okay, how do I get them to appear alphabetically? I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Is there a check-box, or link somewhere that I'm just not seeing? Or is that still "in the works"? confused smiley

Date: December 06, 2013 07:49PM

Are you on the My Favorites page?

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (174.250.193.---)
Date: December 07, 2013 01:26AM

Signed in and went to the "My favorites" page. Looked all around for a button or link to "Alphabatize My Favorites" (or something similar) & I'm not finding anything like that. What am I missing??

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (174.225.0.---)
Date: December 08, 2013 05:51AM

Thanks Nick! Just checked back in and they're alphabetized now. Awesome. grinning smiley

Date: December 09, 2013 02:43PM

I realized people were referring to the section on their account page. The "My Favorites" link on the left has always been alphabetized for a long time so I didn't understand why people kept asking to have it in alphabetical order.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (174.237.224.---)
Date: December 09, 2013 05:20PM

Lol. Okay, now i'm confused. I don't see a "My Favorites" link in the left hand column. I see a "My Drafts" link, but no "My Favorites".
Well, ANYWAY, it looks like our "My Favorites" are now alphabetized. The songs are SO much easier to find now! Thank you. smiling smiley

Date: December 10, 2013 12:36PM

My favorites is under the account section, it is the last one listed.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (174.225.3.---)
Date: December 10, 2013 02:56PM

MY BAD!! I was only logged in to the forum (not the main site) when I made that last post, so it wasn't even showing up as a subdued link. When I'm logged in to the main site it's right there, plain a day, under the "Account" section.

Oops.eye rolling smiley

Date: December 10, 2013 03:14PM

Thats ok, it makes much more sense now. There is another My Favorites link above the member count when you are signed in.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (174.225.3.---)
Date: December 10, 2013 08:53PM

Okay, hang on, I think there's a glitch somewhere.

I heard a song I liked. I came here to the Search page and executed a search for the song. The search machine came up with three tab variations. I found one I liked and clicked on the link "Add to Favorites" at the top of the page.

I was redirected to a page with the header "Added New Tab" (in green text) and that list was *not* alphabetized. However, it seems to be a different kind of "My Favorites" page in that there's a "Remove" action available. So, remembering your earlier post, I clicked on the "My Favorites" link up at the top (next to the Welcome), and that "My Favorites" list was also *not* alphabetized.

So I logged in again, even though it appeared I was still logged in, and went to the "My Favorites" link under the "Account" section. That list was also *not* alphabetized.

Frustrated and trying to figure out what was happening, I clicked on the "Who is on now?" link. When on that page, I clicked on my own name, and on that page the "My Favorites" WAS alphabetized!

So it appears that if I try to navigate to "My Favorites" in any manner other than clicking on my own name I get my "My Favorites" list all jumbled up.

Date: December 11, 2013 02:34PM

I must be losing my mind I could have sworn that list was alphabetical the multiple times I checked it.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (174.229.192.---)
Date: December 11, 2013 06:42PM

Is it possible for your list to be alphabetized while other lists aren't?
Could it be possible that the fix/repair/tweek didn't stick for whatever reason??

Date: December 11, 2013 08:37PM

No all of the pages use the same code so unless the code is changed there would be no difference.

Posted by: harmusman (78.147.123.---)
Date: December 12, 2013 02:39PM

Nick I feel I have to come in here, just opened up today and find that the list of "My Favourites" have shown as now being in alphabetical order.

If I click tab MF in left column and also if I click MF tab in right hand on top grey bar, so far so good.

Now here is the "but", every one of my MF's I click onto does not show as the tab I want, it sends me to a completely different page, one that tells me of associated files to the tabb. Will this correct itself?

Date: December 12, 2013 04:01PM

I don't know what is going on there, I have tried your favorites and they worked. Can you give me the URL you are on when you are click on the favorites so I can try it from the same page?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.