HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Why can't I change my profile?
Posted by: Jokoko (---.Red-79-155-177.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net)
Date: April 29, 2011 07:08PM

Hi everybody. I have created an account at this place and although I have been able to upload a pic, I cannot change neither my name nor my birthday date etc. I have "saved" my profile like six times but strangely it does not get saved.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you.

Post Edited (2011-04-29 15:17:00)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why can't I change my profile?
Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.178.---)
Date: April 29, 2011 09:47PM

I, too, am unable to edit my account to some extent. Specifically the "profile message. Also am unable to pm anyone as there seems to be a bug about:

This comes up:

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home/harptabs/public_html/message.php on line 133

and

To:

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/harptabs/public_html/message.php on line 134

Posted by: cjd (---.lns20.mel4.internode.on.net)
Date: April 30, 2011 03:29PM

I am also unable to edit location. No error, just does not save the change.

Date: April 30, 2011 04:28PM

I can't save any changes either. Strange thing is, I could upload a pic. And that was saved just fine. But when trying to edit anything else, it won't save the changes!

When going to the "Largest Contributor's" page, does anybody else get:

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home/harptabs/public_html/MemberRank.php on line 81

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/harptabs/public_html/MemberRank.php on line 82

at the bottom of the page?

And for that matter, can anybody else access and successfully send pm's to any other member? That's not working on my account either.

Post Edited (2011-04-30 17:42:56)

Posted by: djlactose (---.static.optonline.net)
Date: May 02, 2011 05:26PM

Is this still happening, I made some changes.

Date: May 02, 2011 05:45PM

Yes, it's all still happening.

When trying to pm you, I get displayed on the page (where it should be To: [drop down box with name of member]) :

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home/harptabs/public_html/message.php on line 133

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/harptabs/public_html/message.php on line 134

And, if you go to the "Largest Contributors" page, it shows this at the bottom:

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home/harptabs/public_html/MemberRank.php on line 81

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/harptabs/public_html/MemberRank.php on line 82

I pm'ed you about a week ago to tell you of the glitches, and those are still in my "sent" file, showing they're addressed to nobody, nothing, blank, no name no nothing, just a blank white space. So, I'm going to make an educated guess and say you never received them? They're just hanging around in the ether-world....

Have only looked at those two places so far. Haven't tried to change anything on my account page to see if it'll "save changes" yet. Figured whatever the above information tells you, that might just give you enough information to fix it all.

Update:

Still won't save any changes .... Tried to make 'em. Wouldn't save 'em.

Post Edited (2011-05-02 14:04:15)

Date: May 02, 2011 07:49PM

I will work on it, we had to upgrade the server again and we have another server upgrade coming up soon... I am working hard to just keep the site running at this point.

Posted by: djlactose (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 03, 2011 02:28AM

I made more changes I still am not having a problem when I try it, are there error messages when you try to save your account?

Posted by: cjd (203.36.176.---)
Date: May 03, 2011 04:57AM

Hi Nick,

There is no error message when you try to save, it just does not save the change. Now don’t go losing any sleep over this, it’s been like this for a while and we have all lived with it.

But thanks for looking at it anyway.

Date: May 03, 2011 05:00PM

The Personal Message address system is working again. :-)

And all the "Warnings" at the bottom of the Contributor's page are gone. :-)

But the website still won't save any changes made on the My Account page. It doesn't notify you of a "failure". It just blinks (doesn't show any kind of "loading" bar...) and goes back to showing the yet unchanged Account page.

But, like Chris said, don't go loosing any sleep over this. :-) It's not all that important.

Date: May 04, 2011 03:13AM

I am looking into this because I want to make sure the current site is fully functional as I am looking at the code on the current site as I work on the new one.

Can you change other things on the page and have it save? Is it just the personal message which is broken?

Date: May 04, 2011 04:48AM

I just tried to change all fields (other than the email address and password).

both the freeform fields and also the selectable fields one by one and non of them would save the change.

Date: May 05, 2011 12:29AM

Ok I am looking into it... that is so weird because i can edit all of those without a problem.

Date: May 05, 2011 02:09AM

Try it again and let me know if it works, I think I fixed it.

Date: May 05, 2011 02:20AM

Sorry Nick but still no good.

Just to make sure it's not me, I am going in via "My Account" makeing the change and then clicking Save at the bottom of the page. The page refreshes and reverts back to what it was.

Date: May 05, 2011 02:35AM

If this is a problem with just my account, I would just forget it. Maybe you could just make the change for me.

There was a problem with my account when it was set up and you had to do something to fix it. So maybe it's just me.

Date: May 05, 2011 11:48AM

It shouldn't be a problem they way your account was setup because there is nothing special in the way it saves the account.

It is strange because I am able to save on my accounts fine, I am thinking it is something specifically to either the way you are editing the page or the information in your account.

Just out of curiosity are you touching the password field as well?

Date: May 05, 2011 01:49PM

Not touching the password field. Just the Profile Message. Still no go as far as saving the changes.

Tried to change "email notices" and it didn't save the change either.

Date: May 05, 2011 03:31PM

ok, I will keep working on it.

Date: May 05, 2011 08:07PM

Having difficulty logging in now.

On the Homepage there's this warning in the middle of the body of the Welcoming message:

...We have
Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/harptabs/public_html/index.php on line 9
members and 12932 songs.

When attempting to access My Account page there's this warning in the gray sidebar:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/harptabs/public_html/settings.php on line 96

and in the white body section there's:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/harptabs/public_html/account.php on line 333

and everything is back to zero.

On certain pages I can get to the "My Tabs" page, which shows this warning:

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/harptabs/public_html/account.php on line 30

Also says "Sorry, EarthDogHarpin is an invalid Username".

Also says EarthDogHarpin is an invalid username.... but yet I can post... sort of.

Post Edited (2011-05-05 16:53:51)

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.