HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
author correction
Posted by: p3orionfe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: April 21, 2011 04:01PM

First I'm brand new too both harptabs.com and the harp. And to everyone of the contributing harp players out there I give a very full, and heart felt thank you. Now for what could be a very silly question; how important is it that the author to a song be known? The only reason I ask is I found a song I grew up on and the author is listed as unknown, its Hank Williams but I don't want to appear presumptuous or arrogant by sending a correction if it's not that important.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: author correction
Posted by: djlactose (---.static.optonline.net)
Date: April 21, 2011 07:27PM

You can contact the poster of the song if you would like, but it is up to the poster if they update it.

Re: author correction
Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: April 21, 2011 08:10PM

It's not important. A lot of those "author" designations are actually the name of the person or group that is the most well known performer of that song, or the version that the tab represents.

I usually (but not always) try to give credit to the actual author and sometimes give other information about the performer or tab version within the body of the tab.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.