HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Re: Tab Editor
Posted by: harmusman (---.hari.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: July 11, 2011 03:34PM

Webmaster, Nick yesterday I put up Genevieve tab by writing up on my microsoft processor only to find that when I had pasted it to "Add tab" page and then clicked "tabs by letter", it came up showing some lines halved and moved into line beneath, and therefore the tab numbers were not matching up to the lyrics. I finaly resorted to tabbing direct onto Add Tab page and making each line of text fitting well short in the window. When I spoke to you last about these Jumbled up tabs you told me that it was because you had moved the right hand advertising strip further inward on the text frame and that no one had mentioned this problem of jumbled tabs that results from this move. This jumbling up happens to tabs that have been set on list in the past, one cannot even correct your own tabs by edit. It makes playing certain tabs difficult. Could you return to frame set space you had in the past.Please.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: July 11, 2011 07:09PM

The tab appears perfectly fine to me when I look at it... I have not see any tabs which have a problem with the banner where it is now.

Posted by: gatman (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: July 11, 2011 08:25PM

Nick, I don't know what's causing it, but take a look at "big nick" which I tabbed last night. I have not been able to fix it.

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: July 11, 2011 09:33PM

Jeff?
Dat you?
Your forum post says "Jeff" but your F'ed up tab says "Gatman." Your profile for "Jeff" says you only have two posts. If you've changed your username, maybe Big Nick can combine or transfer stuff to keep your count right.

(Yes, I'm referring to the way it looks in the box.) smiling smiley

Date: July 11, 2011 10:29PM

It has been fixed

Date: July 11, 2011 11:53PM

Thanks Nick.

Yeah Gene, it's me. I don't know why it shows My first name instead of my screen name, I haven't noticed if I'm getting credit for my posts or this "Jeff" character
is getting the credit.

Date: July 12, 2011 01:37AM

Jeff is coming up because it is the first name set in the forum. If you go to "Control Center" you can change that.

Date: July 12, 2011 03:07AM

Thanks again, Nick.
Jeff.....er..um...I mean gatman

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (---.dsl.tul2ok.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 12, 2011 03:15PM

No, it's not fixed yet. Just posted a tab, and its entirely FUBARed! What was all one line of text is now three very short lines, and what was one drop down to a new line is now dropping down about three to four lines of just blank space.

The tab now makes absolutely NO sense, and is next to impossible to read.

So I went through it and tried to correct it to where it's readable. I was successful in getting the excessive blank lines removed, but the page is still abnormally narrow. There is still wrap-around occurring when there's no Sidebar advertising.

Tried again to fix it by making the font size smaller, and now all the blank spaces that I took out are back in. So, I had to delete the entire tab as it made no sense and was not readable.

Oddly enough, my past tabs do not seem to be affected by this new problem.

Educate me on what must be done to fix this. Rather disappointed to say the least.

Date: July 12, 2011 03:58PM

Found the "Paste From Word Document" and tried it.

In the window that popped up, when Ctrl+v was hit everything went into the window just fine. When the "accept" button was hit, not only did the window not disappear, but a " -:CLEANED:- " version appeared (and lost all the word document formatting).

hot smiley

Tried putting the font size at 2 (10 point font) and it did solve the wrap-around problem, but the text was so small I couln't read it.

Put it back to 3 (12 point font) and all the excess blank lines were back!

Went through line by line and took out all the excess blank lines. The wrap-around is still there, but I think it's at least readable now. Unfortunatly, the notes/holes to be hit aren't quite lining up with the words, either.

There's got to be an easier way!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2011 04:00PM by EarthDogHarpin.

Posted by: harmusman (---.hari.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: July 12, 2011 04:59PM

Yes my suedonym Harmusman has been relegated and my real name Clifford/Cliff is now being used as signature to my posts. Not getting agitated at this as all my names can be seen on my account page, I'm not shy, but how does it happen?

Posted by: yukon (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: July 12, 2011 05:28PM

If you click on your name here in the forum it will bring up a box and you will see "control center" on the bar, click on that and you can change your name there.
Nick posted this in another thread.

Date: July 12, 2011 07:00PM

Well, I can compensate for the extra-narrow page now (dang sidebar!) by making VERY SHORT lines. It doesn't help the music flow but it's at least readable now.
Please, PLEASE move that sidebar back to where it was!

Oh, and once the copy and paste has been done in the "paste from word document" screen, its the "insert" button, not the "accept" button. My Bad. But the screen still doesn't disappear when it's clicked....You've got to manually do it. And you still get a -:CLEANED:- version with all the extra...stuff. But it's fixable with time spent undo-ing the -:CLEAN:-ing.

Date: July 13, 2011 12:06PM

I moved the side bar back where it was but I still don't see anything wrong with the tabs you had posted. Everything looked correct and they didn't look like the sidebar had any effect on them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.