HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Tab Editor
Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: June 30, 2011 06:44PM

If you try posting a tab or editing a tab you will find a nice little surprise... let me know if you find any bugs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tab Editor
Posted by: WaltP (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 30, 2011 08:39PM

Where was that surprise, I seemed to have missed it.

Date: June 30, 2011 09:29PM

You may need to refresh your page... but you should have a very large number of options to choose from when creating a tab... along with a safe feature which will prevent you from accidentally leaving a screen what has a started tab on it.

Posted by: WaltP (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 01, 2011 01:43AM

It's not happening when I go to the page. The only way to "refresh" I know is to hit control and reload the page.

Posted by: meanon (---.107-92.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: July 10, 2011 06:55AM

I have had no success with the new tab editor and it appears to make a mess, littering the tab with spurious bits of HTML and losing line end characters. The behaviour/presentation also seems to depend on which web browser is used and whether ads are blocked or not. (If ads are blocked, there is no right hand column in the browser window)

Here is a sample which I created using Firefox and it is not a pretty sight ...
[harptabs.com] .

All I did was this ...
1. Used the 'Add a Tab' link in the left hand navigator
2. Cut the text of my tab from Notepad editor(defined with font Lucidia Console - a non-proportional font) into the new Tab Editor window.
3. Since the tab editor appears to have a default font of Time New Roman (a proportional font) the alignment was lost. That is the numbers no longer matched the lyrics.
4. To correct that, I selected all the text in the tab editor and changed the font to Courier New.
5. Hit save.

I tried lot of things like re-editing the tab (the tab editor window whihc appears during re-editing is larger that the original tab editor window). I even tried editing the HTML directly.But I could not get a usable result out of it.

I gave up and used internet explorer instead of firefox. There the Tab Editor does not appear at all (the old way!) and that worked.

Posted by: WaltP (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 10, 2011 01:17PM

Thanks Me, I was wondering why I wasn't seeing this new tab editor on my computer.

Date: July 11, 2011 12:57AM

If you take a look now the tabs should be displayed correctly.

Posted by: gatman (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: July 11, 2011 02:51AM

Hey Nick, I just tabbed Big Nick by John Coltrane and got a little surprise. It looked fine til I clicked "add song". Maybe somebody could take a look and tell me if there is a bug, or if I just screwed up somehow.

Posted by: meanon (---.107-92.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: July 11, 2011 04:11AM

Many thanks. That is a vast improvement. Did you just fix my individual tab or apply a general fix fot the problem ?

Date: July 11, 2011 12:53PM

I basically have the page now check if it was done in the new editor or not and if it is done with the new editor it displays the tabs one way and if it was done the old way it displays them the old way.

The two formats are not compatible which I didn't realize when I first put in the editor.•••••••••••

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.