HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Harptabs Facebook Group
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 04, 2009 06:02AM

Our facebook group only has 20 fans. I wanted to try and improve that. What do you think we can do to make the group better? Are the tab listings annoying?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Harptabs Facebook Group
Posted by: Pratty95 (---.sbr9.nsw.optusnet.com.au)
Date: August 04, 2009 06:28AM

what's the facebook group?

Post Edited (2009-08-04 06:51:03)

Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: August 04, 2009 08:15AM

I've heard of Facebook, but I never knew what it is. I Googled it, and under the link, it says, "Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up with friends, ..."

That doesn't sound any different than our message board or chat room. I tried to see what it's like, so I typed "Harptabs" in their search box. No results turned up. Anyway, I scrolled to the bottom of the page and it said that there were 9 registered users and 126 guests online. That seems like an awful small number for a site that's supposed to have so much stuff on it.

To get in and look deeper, I'd have to sign up and give them my email address. I don't wanna. I don't know anything about them, and I couldn't find a privacy statement.

Posted by: yukon (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: August 04, 2009 09:15AM

Here's the link to it, at least according to an earlier forum post here.

[www.facebook.com]

I don't use facebook or any of the others, this is my only place online that I socialize with the rest of the world, but for all you facebook users, go to the site and check it out to help Nick promote our site.

Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: August 04, 2009 09:29AM

OK, I clicked the link. Nuthin' there but links to the tabs on this site. I must be missing something.

Date: August 04, 2009 10:33AM

gene, I just tried it and if you click on just fans, there is a tab system posted by steve. That is all I got from it. I don't know the site and don't have time to mess around right now. I did notice that my tab "if your happy and you know it" shows that it was posted 8/3 at 11:08 and I just posted it this morning 8/4 at 3:08, I guess their time is a little off.

Posted by: janx (---.nott.cable.ntl.com)
Date: August 04, 2009 10:44AM

This is not meant to knock your facebook group, good luck with it but this is my experience of 'Facebook'.

Unless you sign up for it it lets you do 'diddly squat' (nothing)

I signed up for facebook a while back, I kept on having people wanting to
' be my friend' as they say. It appears to me a lot of it is about gathering as many people you can in your gallery.
The fact that you have signed on means that you have access to 'your friends and then their friends and so on and so on. Without much trouble I found out that the husband of someone I knew, had fled to Spain and she didn't even know where he was.

Also the emails I got from Facebook were endless.

It can be good for keeping in touch with genuine friends but then is that not why we have email? seems some people feel the need to parade their every move and it can back fire.

Just my opinion. But good luck anyway.

Needless to say I soon found out it wasn't for me and unsubscribed.

Posted by: TIN_MAN (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 04, 2009 12:38PM

im with Gene

sorry but I DESPISE FACEBOOK AND TWITTER and all that rot and malarky!!
K.I.S.S folks (specially for us country bumpkins!!)
but my squirell is gonna sign up for me!! lol

Posted by: mity88 (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: August 04, 2009 08:55PM

U are all OLDIES!!! without facebook i would DIE!!! i dont sprawl my life on it, i just use it to keep in touch with frends i dont see anymore...anyway,its cool that theres a group, im gonna go search it and join...

Date: August 04, 2009 09:04PM

Yukon, that link dont work...i just searched harptabs on facebook and found it...so nick,is it really just a tab listing?

Posted by: Crazy_Man (---.bb.online.no)
Date: August 05, 2009 12:33AM

that link worked perfectly for me

edit: if you meant the links in facebook then they didn't work

Post Edited (2009-08-04 20:36:30)

Posted by: PhilipSkovgaard (---.col.wideopenwest.com)
Date: August 06, 2009 12:46AM

MIGHTY88, why I outta, I outta, I outta, Grrrrrrrrr Bah-Humbug aarghhhh!

Now that's out of the way, there's nutin bad about the old days! goddit? you younguns ain't got no darn respect for people who never had comfusers or tweelter or a.o.l. or yachooo. we did it the old fashioned way, the good way.

keep that in mind when you log on to your facebooks or your mispaces k.

Date: August 06, 2009 05:14AM

Lmao vintage....no disrespect...im actualy amazed at how many 'older' guys are techno geeks...

Posted by: ricanefan (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: August 06, 2009 08:23AM

Vint...aren't you one of the youngins?

Posted by: TIN_MAN (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 06, 2009 11:12AM

ill give you OLDIE!!! upside the head and another Dinozzo style in a minute!!! lol

dont make me sic Bolts on you!!

Date: August 06, 2009 12:35PM

Lol mr.tin, its good to have u back

Date: August 06, 2009 03:46PM

When I was young, we had a great way to talk to more than one person at a time, it was are telephone and it was called a party line, in our neighborhood there were 4 families that shared the same line, so while you were on the phone you would hear someone dialing, on a rotary phone of course, and then you could listen to their conversation also. Where did the good old days go?

Date: August 06, 2009 08:34PM

Lol yukon, that must have been fun...but we can still do that with conference calls u know...

Posted by: ricanefan (---.metlife.com)
Date: August 07, 2009 04:58PM

With conference calls, you have to plan it and make all the connections. With party lines no one knew...

Kind of like our chatroom, except party lines got used...

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 08, 2009 05:13AM

The facebook page currently has an automatic feed of the new tabs to the site. It can have anything we want up there. The idea is to help draw people to the website by letting everyone know what is new and to allow people to be able to share stuff off the harptabs website with their friends and then hopefully introduce more people to the website.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.