Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
How to play this!!
Posted by: newfiejeff (142.163.254.---)
Date: October 26, 2004 05:54PM

I have a new harmonica for about a couple of months now and never really picked up til lately. I have a song that I would like to play that I know and it's by John Denver Take me home country Roads. My buddies and myself play this with guitars so I thought it would be nice to play the harmonica with it.
So I got the tab from this website and thought it was going to be easy but I found out that it was not. The problem that I have is when you draw in on the same note for about 4 or 5 notes or blow out on the same notes for 4 or 5 notes is it suppose to sound choppy or how does it sound.
If someone could send me the soundbyte for it, I would greatly appreciate it, so I could understand how to play it. I understand the tab and sheet music and all that stuff but not sure on how it's suppose to sound.

Jeff
newfiejeff@hotmail.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to play this!!
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 26, 2004 06:48PM

Sometimes the tabs repeat a note as a hold. I am don't know the tab you are referring to but that could be the problem. I find the best thing to do is listen to the sound in that section and then just play according to what you hear. If you hear a drawn out single note try that and see how it sounds. With a good ear you should be able to figure it out.

Re: How to play this!!
Posted by: Jamtharp (---.04-7-6f736411.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se)
Date: February 11, 2005 10:14AM

I wrote about this to another guy.
The problem to solve when playing in a band is that instruments are tuned in diffent keys.
You can read about this in tutorials. Instead of a Charp, perhaps an F harp will sound better with the other instruments...
Harp on!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.