Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
Favorite Tab
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 20, 2004 02:18AM

What is your favorite song to play on your harmonica?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Favorite Tab
Posted by: Michelle (80.51.246.---)
Date: August 04, 2004 04:18PM

Jj Milteau Rany&Ray lately, and too many to list it here. And what about You?

Posted by: Michelle (---.smsc.com)
Date: August 04, 2004 06:28PM

Since I just learned to play I have been playing everything I can get my hands on just to practice. The song I work on the most is Piano Man by Bill Joel, it is my favorite song.

Posted by: Michelle (80.51.246.---)
Date: August 05, 2004 05:23PM

I've downloaded the song and it's quite fun for me also. A little bit sentimental, moody, and melodious it has it's charm. I like it.

I strive to play kick-ass bluse Spokey Dokey song from anime Cowboy Bebop. It's marvelous! But needs a lot's of work form me to sound similar to the original performer. The melody is hmm spooky? And sentimental too, for me delicious to play at evening, when the sun goes down ;-)

Where are you from splendid harmonica palyers? And why have you picked the harp? What instructional material do you use?

Keep progressing and HAVE A FAITH!

HarpSpirit

Posted by: Michelle (---.smsc.com)
Date: August 05, 2004 07:59PM

I was using the harpsoft program I have on my links page to learn. I would just keep playing tabs on there till they sounded right. I also went to various websites and read tutorials. I was surprised how easy it was to learn how to play, the trick is playing well.

Posted by: coldbevs (---.lpaxtn01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: August 12, 2004 07:12PM

Do you have the notes to piano man? I've been looking for it.

Posted by: coldbevs (---.smsc.com)
Date: August 12, 2004 07:58PM

I don't have the notes but I will look and see if I can get them for you.

Posted by: pianoman (---.greenmountainaccess.net)
Date: September 23, 2004 06:27PM

i'd have to say that my favorite song is pianoman by billy joel.
i got the song off of this site and i play it so much that my friends are about ready to throw my harp in a lake.

Posted by: djlactose (---.smsc.com)
Date: September 23, 2004 08:45PM

That is by far my favorite one too. I have most of it memorized and when I am bored I will whip out my harmonica and start to play. I am a big Billy Joel fan, so that is one of the first songs I looked for.

Posted by: goldove (---.prtmry01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: September 25, 2004 06:30PM

I love to play 'Heart of Gold' by neil young. It's a bit below my skill level (slef taught for 10 months), but I still love to play it. What I really like about this song is that it kinda takes on the mood you're in. So, for me their are endless possiblities.

Posted by: cess (---.lsanca1.dsl-verizon.net)
Date: October 24, 2004 09:52PM

is this the song u have posted on this site?
and if so does anyone have the tab for the solo at the beginning of the song?

Posted by: Sukhoi (---.dip.t-dialin.net)
Date: December 03, 2004 07:58PM

i answer here very very late cause im a new member
well i play the guitar and i love many songs and artists like Neil Young ,Bob Dylan ,Led zeppelin, Billy Joel ,CCR and all that kind of music to many too list all . And my friends ask me did you play some songs on the harp ?
My answer "no" ! Than i bought my first harp very cheap and i try and try and try last but not least i figured out it sounds great now i mean a guitar without a harp is like a cigarette without a beer !My favorite tabs hmm lets say the 70´s and the 80´s i prefer more the quite songs

harping on Bye Juergen

Posted by: Liss_oz (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: December 27, 2004 11:42AM

Hey Tomek?

Cowboy Bebop's Spokey Dokey and have you heard Diggin my Potato? Those two songs are the reason I picked up the harp. You say your workin on Spokey Dokey, and if you can, can you please send me the tabs? I love that song so much. I only have a C Blues harp at the moment and I have heard it is played on a D. Do you know if thats right? I will be forever in your debt if you can supply me with such knowledge.

- Liss_oz

Boomshanka - may your loins be forever fruitful in the belly of your woman
(Just for those of you who have seen a show called "The Young Ones"winking smiley

Posted by: Jamtharp (---.04-7-6f736411.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se)
Date: February 13, 2005 09:35PM

My favouritetabs....
Well I can give you a few examples. dixie is fun to play. And the theme from Mash is a beautiful song. Then I like to play folkballads..
There are many more....And they are needed...Because to develop your skills you have to practise scales, riffs blowin and bending. And to play dixie for example warms you and the harp up...Then you practise the harder stuff for a while.
Harp On!

Posted by: Bailey0014 (12.158.10.---)
Date: March 17, 2005 05:27PM

Nick -

Try my version of Piano Man at:
[www.dataflo.net]

The upright bars help with the timing as they block off the measures.

There are some MP3's that help with the riffs also.

Mark Purintun

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 18, 2005 03:02AM

I will take a look at it thanks.

Posted by: blue32 (---.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 31, 2005 01:26AM

thank you for the tab to piano man. It is the reason i started playing the harmonica and i have been looking for the complete thing with the intro since i started.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.