Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
suggestions on learning blues songs
Posted by: 56Belair (108.206.244.---)
Date: February 15, 2016 04:12PM

Hey friends, I started playing about 7 months ago and I know about 30, country and rock songs but I want to learn some blues. I have tabs and know the words and melody of my songs but I have no idea on the blues. I can play blues tabs but have no idea if the beat is correct or not. Any help on getting started with the blues will certainly be appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: suggestions on learning blues songs
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: February 16, 2016 08:18AM

Look up Jon Gindick. That's a good start. Adam Gussow, also. How far do you want to go with the blues? You might be interested in David Barrett books.

Date: February 16, 2016 11:25AM

Thanks Gene, I will look those up and hopefully they can help. I just play for fun and my enjoyment and the blues sounds so good. Have a great day and thanks again.

Posted by: railjumper (172.7.230.---)
Date: February 22, 2016 08:53PM

Find the song on line to see how it sounds. It's hard to play any song,country, rock or blues, if you have no idea how it is played or how it should sound.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2016 05:07AM by railjumper.

Posted by: harlezy2 (24.211.21.---)
Date: February 23, 2016 06:47AM

You might also want to check out "Blues Harmonica for Dummies" by Winslow Yerxa.

Date: March 07, 2016 10:21PM

Thanks railjumper. Your suggestion has helped alot. I know alot of country and rock songs and know how they should sound but not the blues. I appreciate the advice now I can sort of follow along and know what I should be playing. Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.