Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
suzuki pro master 350,valved or not ?
Posted by: tabs (92.26.119.---)
Date: November 24, 2015 10:26PM

Hello there,first post from a old beginner,av just started to learn harmonica again and am looking to get myself a new harp,av had a good look around on the web and decided the Suzuki pro master is the one for me only decision remaining is the valved one or the normal one,I like the idea of the valved one just cause my other harp is a normal one (marine band) any pros or cons for the valved one ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: suzuki pro master 350,valved or not ?
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: November 28, 2015 08:18AM

Promaster's my harp!

I bought some with valves, but ended up pulling the valves out. They rattle. I do like what the do, though, but ... that darned rattling! sad smiley

There are harps with better valves, but I don't know which ones they are. You can also buy valves, but that darned Super Glue can cause problems when applying. That stuff can easily run to where it shouldn't, and freezr reeds. Oh, you can peel it off... I've done it, but I don't wanna do it again!

Posted by: tabs (92.26.119.---)
Date: November 30, 2015 11:10PM

Thanks for the reply gene,not ordered the harp yet but probably will this week if my local music store can't get me one,this doesn't seem a very busy forum just now (or maybe not a lot of folk play Suzuki harps) cheers

Posted by: zarling (66.216.231.---)
Date: December 01, 2015 10:37PM

My first real harp was a Special 20, which you've probably seen is highly regarded by a lot of people. I loved that harp... until I got my promaster. After about a year with the promaster, I don't just prefer the promaster; I actively dislike my Sp20 (it just takes too much wind to play compared to my promaster, and the shape is less comfortable for me. Love the extra weight of the aluminim comb; a lighter harp feels like a toy now. Pretty much just keeping the '20 around in case I decide to play with tuning, gapping, etc..) I haven't had a valved promaster, but I think you'll like the promaster in general-- great harp, easy to play, easy on the eyes.

Posted by: tabs (89.242.190.---)
Date: December 02, 2015 01:13AM

That's good to hear,av ordered the pro master(valved version)hopefully be here by the weekend,cheers

Posted by: tabs (80.41.194.---)
Date: December 09, 2015 11:06PM

Well the new harmonica arrived a few days ago and I'm impressed,looks good,nice weight and its got a nice tone but(there's always a but) as I mentioned I'm a beginner and had just about got the hang of playing single notes but when I first tried the Suzuki it was like starting all over again with strange things happening when I tried to play a single note,what I noticed on the Suzuki was the holes in comb are a wee bit bigger than the ones on the marine band and that's what was giving me problems,anyway after a few days am starting to get the hang of it again and hopefully soon be back on track.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.