Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
Learning new songs
Posted by: 56Belair (75.48.250.---)
Date: July 22, 2015 01:48PM

Good morning, I am a newbie, been trying to learn the harp for about 3-4 months. I have begun playing some tabs from harptabs, and thank you very much for this help. My question is sometimes I get bored playing the same tab to try and learn it, should I add a few other tabs along to keep a little variety in my learning stages. Or so you think learning one song at a time is more beneficial. All help and suggestions are appreciated.

Have a great day

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Learning new songs
Posted by: Turkey_Man (104.139.21.---)
Date: July 23, 2015 12:59PM

Find songs you really love and make them sound as beautiful as you can make them. When you get bored, no worries, move on. That practice will come back. The key is to keep playing. One day you'll blow into the 6 without thinking and then move to the 4 and the next thing you know... you're playing "the way you look tonight". By the way, I love Hot Springs. I spent many a nights at "The Arlington" while attending the poultry convention.

Posted by: yukon (24.144.160.---)
Date: July 23, 2015 04:41PM

In anything new you are learning, correct repetition is an important key to get to be good at it, but boredom at something new will lead to failure. I believe Turkey_Man is correct in what he said. Pick a few simple songs you are familiar with and learn them, as you get good at the simple ones then add other ones that you are familiar with that are a little harder and keep working that way. If you find one that is to hard for the stage you are at set it aside until you reach that level.

Date: July 24, 2015 04:21PM

Thanks foe the guidance, if you get back to HS give me a shout I would enjoy meeting you. Have a great day.
By the way I am really enjoying trying to learn. and plan to keep on playing and learning

Date: July 24, 2015 04:23PM

Thanks for the encouragement. I have made several cd's of great harp players and listen to them all the time.. Some of my favorites are on there, I did notice they can't seem to hit the same notes like I do. LOL
have a great day, thanks again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.