Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
Posted 1st Tab!
Posted by: Windjammer (65.78.169.---)
Date: March 03, 2015 08:10AM

I posted a version of "Drive My Car" by The Beatles. Hope I got the difficulty level right. How difficult is "intermediate?" It's here: [www.harptabs.com] Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
Ken

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Posted 1st Tab!
Posted by: harlezy2 (24.211.21.---)
Date: January 05, 2016 04:48AM

It looks hard for me personally. A lot of bending and switching from single to double holes. All I know is that it's above my "play grade". I'd have probably posted it on the "Advanced song Listing". It's a great song. Thanks and come again.

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: January 05, 2016 05:32AM

I don't enter difficulty levels. What's easy for some people may be difficult or impossible for others. They can figure out for themselves how hard or easy it is.

Posted by: pcguyiv (108.162.237.---)
Date: September 27, 2016 03:30PM

Here's a general rule of thumb for determining difficulty:

Simple rhythm, single notes, and no bends = Beginner

Complicated or fast rhythm, single notes, and/or a few "easy" draw bends = Intermediate

Complicated and/or fast rhythm, chords, lots of draw bends, and/or blow bends = Advanced

If you are tabbing for a chromatic, songs that rely heavily on slide pushes would be qualified as at least intermediate, IMO, though the presence slide pushes alone isn't necessarily enough to justify marking it higher than beginner.

Adieu! (Or is that, "Adoughnt"?)

PCGuyIV

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.