Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
I think i need a new harp.
Posted by: jeffpodraza (24.6.184.---)
Date: January 02, 2015 04:50AM

Im back to playing and I have one Hohner Blues Harp, that honestly is about 17 years old Sounds okay except for the 8 9 and 10 tab (more whiny and schill).

Im assuming it past its prime, and was ready to buy a Suzuki M Manja C

would like to make an informed decision.

All thoughts appreciated

Thanks
JeffP

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I think i need a new harp.
Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (107.203.62.---)
Date: January 02, 2015 08:21PM

Jeff, it does sound like you need a new harp. What you're describing is almost the entire upper register of your harp! Bummer.

You could send the harp to a technician and have him/her do the work of refurbishing it. However, you may very well spend more on the refurbishing than if you just purchased a new harp.

I think if you do choose to go with a new harp, you'll be very happy with a Suzuki Manji. It's a very fine harp. Although I don't personally own one, I've heard and read countless good reviews on it. Suzuki makes some quality harps, and I think if you go that route, you'll be very happy with your new instrument. smiling smiley

Date: January 03, 2015 04:03AM

Thank you for the reply, I think you are right, I toying with the Sazuki or a Lee Oskar. Im have more then ever, this site has been great

Thanks again,
Jeff

Date: January 08, 2015 04:13AM

Okay I finally made my mind up and purchased the Lee Oskar diatonic, seems much easier to to play maybe because the Hohner was a wood comb as opposed to this being what appears to be plastic.

Thanks for all the input I really appreciate everybody's help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.