Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
Haunting Ballads
Posted by: Kocot (192.197.54.---)
Date: January 26, 2014 02:00AM

Hey all!

So, my school is doing The Laramie Project for our play this year, and when my cast-mates realized that I play the harmonica, they decided that having me play a song at the beginning of the play might be a cool idea! Now, if any of you know of the subject matter of the play, you'll know that it's quite sad. For this reason, I was looking for a haunting ballad that I could play, but quickly realized that I currently don't really know any. So, I'm putting it out to you! If you know of any haunting ballads about loss, please let me know about it so I can get to learning it!

Thanks, everyone!

Alex K.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Haunting Ballads
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: January 28, 2014 04:02AM

Well, how 'bout "Wind of Change" by the Scorpions? (Reverb or delay would work nicely.) It's not about loss, though; it's about hope.

I know there are a million songs about loss, but none come to mind.

I also couldn't think of any ballads about how our young are being propagandized/socially engeneered in school more intensely than they're being educated. Are there any ballads from "1984"?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2014 07:14AM by gene.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (107.203.62.---)
Date: January 28, 2014 09:51PM

Should of done my homework before answering the first time....

Although "Mr. Cellophane" is a sad song, I wouldn't go so far as to say it fits the (play)bill as a haunting ballad. Considering the subject matter of the play, I'll need to think a bit more...

When is your school doing the play?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2014 03:32PM by EarthDogHarpin.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (54.198.234.---)
Date: February 06, 2014 02:50PM

Posted by: harmusman (46.51.130.---)
Date: February 12, 2014 09:37PM

How about this for a daunting hazard,

Try a few bars of The Man From Laramie if you slip this in at the right places tou may get a few laughs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.