Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
Hello All-New To The Site
Posted by: ATLCherokee (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: February 05, 2006 05:12PM

Hey all, I wanted to write and say hello, Im new to the site. Ive been playing harmonica for a few months now, and Im full blown into lessons, and Im loving it so far. I live in Georgia, and kinda got inspired to play harmonica because of 1) Is small, and doesnt require alot of gear and 2) its pretty inexpensive as far as instruments go.....Anyway, glad to be here, Ill surely be around, looking forward to maybe learning some new things from folks here!

Andrew

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello All-New To The Site
Posted by: IndianaZephyr (12.153.207.---)
Date: February 05, 2006 10:38PM

No fair, your taking lessons!? I asked someone to give me lessons and he said I had to figure it out on my own! lol. Oh well, I've enjoyed every minute of it!

Posted by: pleuksar (---.nas1.gainesville1.fl.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: February 06, 2006 01:52AM

Hello Andrew,

Welcome!

You're in Georgia, perhaps not to far from me- I'm in Florida.

You will really enjoy this site, Nick has done a tremendous job with it...

-rufus

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 06, 2006 05:12AM

I think you will find the people on this site to be very friendly and always willing to help.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: February 09, 2006 02:26PM

Welcome Andrew (smile)))

I wish I could get lessons! (grin))) I have another friend on another forum who's been getting harmonica lessons, & it's really been helping him a bunch. The kewl thing is when he learns something good, he shares it with the forum. Perhaps you could do the same thing for this forum Andrew?

You'll find the people here are very helpful and encouraging. I look forward to getting to know you. (smile)))

~always Maria.

Posted by: paulw (---.dhcp.bycy.mi.charter.com)
Date: February 27, 2006 03:20PM

Welcome Andrew, I am new to the site as well. Been playing for about 7 months and I love it!

I thought it would be cheep to get into as well, and it could be. Well...about 18 harmonicas, 4 mic's and 1 amp later? Oh did I mention training material?

I am certainly not trying to brag...gear lust can be a bad thing.
All you really need is a few harps, some instruction (books or teacher) and some time and patence. Also it will help you to listen to the type of music you want to play.

If you want a sample of some great harp playin go to the web site [www.archive.org]
This is the 2005 Harmonica blowout show hosted by Jason Ricci This is recorded at a bar called Knuckleheads with permission from the artists and is free and legal. It has many great players on it and is mainly but not all blues. Check out the Joe Filisko stuff for a great selection of old style solo harp playing.

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 27, 2006 09:01PM

I only have spent the money for one harmonica and then this website, which pays for itself through the ads. So you don't have to go nuts spending money on all sorts of equipment.

Posted by: paulw (---.dhcp.bycy.mi.charter.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 02:51AM

I totally agree with ya djlactose. This site is great!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.