Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
whooo-hoooo for me! winking smiley
Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: December 31, 2005 08:27PM

Hi all...

I just wanted to share my joy. I just now ordered myself a Hering Vintage 1923 harmonica in the key of G from "Harmonicas & Stuff" -[harmonicasandstuff.com]

As many of you know, I've been longing to try the Hering Vintage for a long time. If I like it as well as I think I will, I'll order another in the key of C next month. (wink, grin))) The reason I went for a G now is because I'm not soo thrilled with my Golden Melody in the key of G. I only use it to play chords, but as it's a bit longer (by 1/4 inch), it throws me off to use it for single notes. So in essence, I don't have a G harp that I like to play.

I bought my Hering Vintage harmonica at Harmonicas & Stuff over Coast to Coast because I'll save 12 cents. lol I'm paying $20.95 plus $4.85 shipping. This is a little bit more than I'm use to paying, as I've been getting my Marine Bands/ Blues Harps for $15.99 at [www.wwbw.com] -->which is the same price SamAsh sells 'em for, but I save a few pennies on the shipping. (chuckling))))

Anywho, I'm all excited. I needed a pick-me-up today because I woke up with an ear-ache & practicing my harmonicas is out of the question. (sad face))) But, the antisipation of waiting for a new harmonica makes up for any boo-hoo's! (grinning from aching ear to ear)))) lol

~always Maria.

P.S.: I'll be sure & write about the Hering 1923 Vintage harp in the Reviews section of this forum, after I get to play with my 'new baby!' hehehe

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: whooo-hoooo for me! winking smiley
Posted by: pleuksar (---.nas1.gainesville1.fl.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: January 01, 2006 05:24AM

I'm happy for you, Maria.

The "I'm getting (or I've got) a new harp" feeling is great.

I'll look forward to the review.

-rufus

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 01, 2006 06:15AM

Congras I hope you enjoy it.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: January 02, 2006 05:35PM

thanx guys... with Christmas and all, I've had to put off getting this particular harmonica for a few months. There is no better high than getting a new harp to try out. lol

I look forward to hearing my review too. lol I haven't met very many people who could give me comments on the Vintage 1923, but the few comments I've gotten have been good.

~always Maria.

Posted by: IndianaZephyr (65.183.106.---)
Date: January 30, 2006 05:29AM

A friend of mine gave me a harmonica recently as a late christmas present. I was so excited. The only problem is, I learned how to play on a harmonica with only 10 holes, I think it's a diatonic? This harmonica that he gave me has 12 holes. I'm completely at a loss at how to play it. If anyone can give me a clue to what kind of harmonica this is or how to play it that would be great. Congrats on the new harmonica.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.