Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
Sheet music
Posted by: RollinRevue (65.54.155.---)
Date: December 20, 2005 01:30AM

I know that alot of you translate music to tabs. I was wondering any one has a good internet site that has alot of sheet music. I would like to be able to type the name of a song, get the notes ect. And then tab it out.

Keep Wailin. Pat the Harp Rat

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sheet music
Posted by: [email protected] (68.144.64.---)
Date: December 20, 2005 02:38AM

I've looked. There are a couple of sites with very limited or incomplete sheet music but the majority of sheet music on the web is not available for free. Lots of sites willing to sell you what you want.

I've walked across the street to the library to look at sheet music some times. Lots of books in the library full of sheet music but very little on the web.

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 20, 2005 04:10AM

Unfortunately most of the internet isn't free anymore so the library (or a friend in my case) is the best source for free information.

Posted by: chibluesteve (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: December 20, 2005 04:42AM

The Library or local used book stores are good places to look. Good Luck.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: December 21, 2005 03:26PM

The Library! Now why hadn't I thought of that?! lol I love my local library and spend alot of time there, but I never thought to look up sheet music! You people are brilliant! lol

These are some of the sheet music websites I've collected in my favorite places... but, they're not free.
[www.sheetmusicdirect], [www.8notes.com], or [www.sheetmusicplus.com]
And of course the site listed at the top of Harptabs: [www.buyscores.com]

Next time I go to the library, I'm going to look up sheet music & see if I can find a copy of "Tempted" by Hall & Oates or by Squeeze. I've been wanting the tabs to that song since I first started playing the harmonica. (grin)))

~always Maria.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: December 21, 2005 07:13PM

Oh, I forgot to mention, I found this site which has some free Christmas sheet music:
[www.christmas-carol-music.org]

Post Edited (12-21-05 15:19)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.