Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
New Member (tab tuning question)
Posted by: MEK (173.183.36.---)
Date: April 19, 2011 01:56AM

Hello folks, thought I should sign up and say hi. My name is Mike, I've been playing for 8 months now. My kids bought me a diatonic harmonica for fathers day and that got me started. I've bought a few harps and a few books since then and love it. I recently decided to move away from Richter tuning and switch to Power Bender. I spent a few hours today converting some beginner tabs I like from Richter to Power Bender tuning since I have a few weeks until it gets here. I take no credit for the actual tabbing, someone else did the hard work.

My question is where would I post these? Just under Diatonic?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Member (tab tuning question)
Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: April 19, 2011 04:45AM

Yes, at least for now. Maybe Nick (a.k.a. djlactose, a.k.a. the webmaster and creator of this fine site) could add Power Bender to the drop-down menu.

Until he does that, I suggest you add it to the title..."Home on the Range (power bender)"....Unless the name of it ain't "Home on the Range." smiling smiley, and maybe specify that in text in the body of the tab.

Here's a thread from another forum you might be interested in. Are you MEK, by any chance?

EDIT:
OH!! Yes, you are and you started that thread!! LOL

(I wish David Barrett's Masterclass Harmonica site had a forum, too.)

Post Edited (2011-04-19 00:49:44)

Re: New Member (tab tuning question)
Posted by: MEK (173.183.36.---)
Date: April 19, 2011 03:12PM

Thanks for the reply Gene and yes that would be me. I've got 7 done so far and hope to do some more tonight. I might wait until I get the new harp before I post them because I can't check then over for errors without it other than going through the numbers again and that's no fun. Can I edit tabs I post in the event I've made mistakes?

Great site here, amazing resource.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.