Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
playin' key c diatonic tabs with key c tremolo harp
Posted by: lollilad (---.infra.usd.ac.id)
Date: March 03, 2011 03:54AM

is it possible?

how should I adapt the tabs so that i can play it well in tremolo???
thx in advance....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: playin' key c diatonic tabs with key c tremolo harp
Posted by: FroggyGM (---.3-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: April 09, 2011 07:35PM

Hi there,
I don't think You need to adapt tabs from diatonic to tremolo, but... You just need to realize that a diatonic has a rather simple lay-out with 10 numbered holes, whereas on a Tremolo you won't find the same 10 holes, just more than twice as many holes, and the holes are only half the size...

on a tremolo You need to go purely by "Feeling" where the notes are by getting used to playing it... if You can find hole 6 on Your diatonic without looking and just KNOW where You are, You'll be fine on the tremolo; the notes are roughly in the same spot and blows and draws are the same. Also on a tremolo there's less chance to hit the wrong note, simply because a blow-note will always have a draw-note on each side, and vice-versa, so; You have to place your mouth on any of the Three holes to hit the right note, there's a Three-in-one chance to hit the right note...
Does this make any sense?? I really hope so!!!

I have a friend who tries his hardest to write music in hole-numbers for a tremolo, but he's getting very frustrated... on a tremolo You just can't keep counting the hole-numbers and you can't feel them with Your tongue and mouth... I tried to give him the same advice, but nobody seems to understand what I mean, and I have played Tremolo's for many years....

Re: playin' key c diatonic tabs with key c tremolo harp
Posted by: yukon (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: April 11, 2011 07:22AM

It will depend on the type of tremolo you are playing and how many holes it has, below are a couple of sites that show the different layouts of tremolos, some play the same and some are mostly one note above a diatonic, remember that on a diatonic the #4 blow hole is a C, so match your tremolo C to that and convert the rest of the notes from that, of course the key stays the same no matter what harmonica you are playing. If this doesn't help, let me know, I don't get around here that much anymore, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

[www.patmissin.com]
[coast2coastmusic.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.