Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
I'm soo happy with myself winking smiley
Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: August 22, 2005 04:59PM

hi gang! (grin)))

I added my very first tabbed music for harptabs today! I took Nick's advise and just went for it. (giggle))) I'm starting to get familiar with my harmonicas, & it's starting to 'click' inside my head, what I'm hearing.

One of my all time favorite songs is, "Danny Boy." I'm 1/4 Irish, and Danny Boy is the 1st song I started practicing. I have it tabbed from a Harmonica beginner's book I bought with my 1st harp, but I swear I didn't like some of the notes I had to hit w/ my 'C' harp... not quite a dog whistle, but that 10th hole hurts my ears! lol

Anyway, I have a midi file on Danny Boy, and played with it all weekend and came up with my own version that sounds acceptable for me on my C harmonica!

Oh, and I'm now messin' around with "Amazing Grace: and "Bridge Over Troubled Water." lol... like y'all need another version to "Amazing Grace!"

In any case, I'm completely tickled with myself for even trying. I've only been playing the harmonica for about a month now, so I'm amazed that I'm starting to really HEAR what I'm playing! It's soooooooo kewl! (grinning from ear to ear))))

~always Maria.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm soo happy with myself winking smiley
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 22, 2005 10:11PM

I am glad you went for it. Don't worry about posting another Amazing Grace version. As long as it isn't a duplicate I don't care.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: August 22, 2005 11:37PM

It looks like the version of Amazing Grace I've been playing with, looks very much like the one posted by Seuk (easier version). It must be an easier version, for I even I could do it. (giggle)))

~always Maria.

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 23, 2005 04:03AM

lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.