Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
blowing hole 10
Posted by: Marjannie (---.246.81.adsl.skynet.be)
Date: April 13, 2005 09:47PM

I seem to be having a problem with blowing hole 10.
The sound comes out, and there's no problem with my harmonica. It just doesn't sound right, and i find it very hard to play that hole.
Can somebody give me some tips about how to play hole 10 ? You would really help me alot

Thanks
Marjannie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: blowing hole 10
Posted by: blue32 (---.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 14, 2005 04:24AM

well i just started playing about a month ago and the only thing i can seem to figure out is that 10 requires more air than the other holes. Thats the only thing I can think of.

Posted by: djlactose (198.72.9.---)
Date: April 14, 2005 05:12PM

The ten hole is a difficult one to play. The tenth hole has a very small chamber which makes it hard to play. The rest of the holes have larger chambers making it much easier to vibrate the reed in the harmonica. It isn't so much the amount of air that goes through the tenth hole but it is the pressure you create by blowing. So if you blow a small amount of wind hard it will play and you will still have some wind left to finish. What I did when I was learning was breathing excersises to get my lungs to be able to hold more air. That came real handy when I needed the extra wind for the tenth hole in a tab. Also before you start playing you may want to take a deep breath in and then try to force out all of the air in your lungs, then take another deep breath and start to play. That way your lungs have a larger amout of air stored up and you should be able to make it.

Posted by: heero_fox (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: May 15, 2005 03:31PM

I also had problems with this....but when I bring my tongue back and put it as far down in my mouth as I can, it blows perfect.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.