Lessons :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have a tip that you want to share? Put it here. 
Rock Harmonica by David Barrett
Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: March 26, 2011 03:57AM

Have y'all seen the brand new Rock Harmonica from David Barrett? I ordered it today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rock Harmonica by David Barrett
Posted by: meanon (---.107-92.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: March 26, 2011 07:20AM

When you have had a chance to assess it, please post a review. Certainly from the description it looks good.

Date: March 26, 2011 08:30PM

I can say this already, without having received it yet:
It's gotta be good because all his stuff is good. Read the descriptions of his other materials. His decsriptions, IMO, can serve as reviews.

The best way I can think of to review it is to compare it to his other materials and to say if it really does help with the rock genre in general. I'll do that after I've had the chance to assess it.

Rock is such a very diverse genre. It's hard to imagine this book being very comprehensive to rock, but maybe it will lay a foundation that will underlay many forms of rock. We'll see.

If nothing else, it will contain exersises and theory. I'm sure these exercises and theory are covered in his other material, but if you don't have his other material and are interested in rock, this book is sure to be a good purchase.

I'll have it in my hands soon. I'll keep you posted.

Posted by: gatman (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: March 29, 2011 04:46PM

You're killin' me here, Gene! Have you received it yet? Can't wait to hear about it.

Date: March 29, 2011 05:32PM

I don't have it yet (I just ordered it Friday), and I don't know if I'll be able to jump right into it. I've got a lot of stuff going on around here.

Keep watching for it in "Reviews."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.