Lessons :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have a tip that you want to share? Put it here. 
second or third semitone (C harp)
Posted by: FM (151.57.131.---)
Date: January 15, 2011 12:14PM

is there someone that could explain me how can i play the second and the third semitone of the hole 3 (draw) in a C harp, please?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: second or third semitone (C harp)
Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: January 15, 2011 05:40PM

Try this:
When drawing, drop your jaw some and slowly articulate the word "you" until you've exagerated the articulation of the word. This should cause you to be going through the steps.

On some harps, I have trouble getting the second one. It just wants to jump from the first to the third. I don't know if that's me or a gapping problem.

Posted by: FM (151.57.168.---)
Date: January 17, 2011 06:22PM

thank you!
i will try!
bye bye!

Posted by: paulbunyn (---.mycingular.net)
Date: March 29, 2011 02:13AM

I have a different way to discribe bending. Imagine having hot coffee in a travel mug. To take a sip your lower jaw pulls BACK as you sip the coffee you feel the fluid pull up behind your upper teeth, over the bottom and the tongue is pulled down to keep from getting burnt.
Bending is the same. You can feel the air stream make an "S" as it passes threw the teeth.
What really did it for me was playing 2nd position scales and trying to build up speed and not worrying about accurate tone on the bends. As I was playing the scales I stumbled across doing it right and could adjust the tone by ear.
Hope this helps!

Posted by: Lgutierrez (---.221.205.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: June 24, 2011 11:45PM

Thanks!! it worked!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.