Lessons :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have a tip that you want to share? Put it here. 
Help! im new!
Posted by: hallis (201.226.12.---)
Date: July 31, 2010 06:19PM

im like new to harmonica playing. what songs can i start with. all i know its that blues that goes like "tan tan tan tan tann.....tan...tann" lol and the opening of piano man. iknow i needa practice alot but what songs should i practice?? thank yall

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help! im new!
Posted by: WaltP (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 31, 2010 08:20PM

The ones you like, of course, there's nothing wrong with Bad To The Bone. Do you want to play melodies or riffs or both?
Nice to see you're from NY.

Post Edited (2010-07-31 16:21:56)

Re: Help! im new!
Posted by: Freddyminster (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: August 30, 2010 06:46AM

What I suggest is that you start by playing songs you know well (so you know the speed and tune), seek the harmonica music for them on this site. Then sort them into songs that use hardly any 1-3 holes or 8-10 holes (as these are slightly harder to use for complete beginners). Then filter them again to songs which the holes tend to run consecutively (eg 4 then 5 then 6, or 7, 6, 5) it does not matter if they are blow or draw holes, but it makes it easier locating the right hole. Very quickly you will be confident enough to try anything. I'd suggest starting with "When the saints go marching in", "You are my sunshine", and "Oh Shenandoah".

Post Edited (2010-08-30 02:47:34)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.