Lessons :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have a tip that you want to share? Put it here. 
getting clear notes?
Posted by: SlowHarp (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 15, 2008 12:17AM

i know that it isnt possible to bend notes while breathing through your nose, but if you are trying to get a clean note is it wise to breath through your nose? or is that just practising bad teqnique that will make it hard for you to master bending?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: getting clear notes?
Posted by: ricanefan (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: November 20, 2008 10:00AM

Breathing through your nose is a good technique to compensate for an imbalance in drawing and blowing in a song. Example: if a song (or a section of one) is draw heavy, it's good to let some air out of your nose on the few blow notes, and vice-versa.

If done properly, it should have no impact on your sound quality.

Don't know about that bending thing - I'm sure I'll be trying tomorrow, and I bet I'm not the only one who tries after reading your tip here or on the other thread...

Posted by: ricanefan (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: November 21, 2008 08:22AM

Just reporting my results from the experiment: I was able to bend while also breathing through my nose. I don't think I'll ever do it again - it does test the lungs - but I did it a few times just to make sure I could.

Posted by: SlowHarp (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 21, 2008 08:44PM

oooooh really? hmm.. i thought it was impossible, but yeah, i suppose the balance of air IS a good thing to have with too many draws or blows, THANX!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.