Lessons :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have a tip that you want to share? Put it here. 
lost or damaged your windsavers
Posted by: harmusman (82.44.234.---)
Date: May 05, 2012 08:52PM

I did, and have effected a repair by cutting out new windsavers from a sheet of laminating plastic and sticking them in place with super glue. At the moment there working well. How long they will last, time and use will tell

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: lost or damaged your windsavers
Posted by: gatman (98.160.231.---)
Date: June 03, 2012 07:45PM

Harmusman,
Can you elaborate on the repair job you did? I have an old chrometta 8
that I soaked the windsavers off of while cleaning it. I know, I know. Don't do that! Live and learn. I was wondering if you think it would work with the stuff you can line kitchen shelves with? This stuff already has adhesive on one side. Any info on your method will really help. Jeff

Re: lost or damaged your windsavers
Posted by: harmusman (82.44.234.---)
Date: June 04, 2012 08:56AM

Gatman, what you speak of sounds to me, like a material called "Fablon" this was plastic sheeting on a roll it had a backing which you could pull of to reveal a sticky side, I think this would be too stiff with that backing still on and if you removed it then this windsaver would just stick totally and not be useable. What is needed is thin plastic leaf which is very flexible. I found this in my plastic lamination sheets that are used with a laminator. This material is thin, flexible, in that it returns to its original position as long as it is not creased. You need to cut to size and use "Super-Glue" to stick it in place over the reed opening, but only at the point of where the rivet holds the reed. I'm still using the ones I did,(some weeks now) and they are the best draw holes I have on my Chromatic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.