Lessons :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have a tip that you want to share? Put it here. 
Easy Blues Riff??
Posted by: flash (---.tcsn.qwest.net)
Date: September 22, 2007 01:52AM

I have always wanted to be able to Play The Blues. I'd like to learn just one cool set of riffs. I started playing the harp years ago before I knew about the tabulation method. Just pickin' out simple tunes. Once I discovered the tabs I started memorizing quite a few hymns and country songs. I play the sax and can read music. But...this blues thing is impossible for me. I have a whole box full of books and CD's that all swear they have the easiest method to teach you. One guy even breaks it down like he's talking to a two year old ...mentioning trees, creeks and the wind. I don't know what the heck he was talking about. I can play melodies note for note. Guess I'll always be an old white guy with no blues in future. Woe is me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Easy Blues Riff??
Posted by: pwischer (---.dsl.static.isoc.net)
Date: October 17, 2007 04:15PM

Jon Gindick gives pretty good instruction on Rock 'n Blues Harmonica with CD, that has a bunch of great little blues riffs to play. Play cross-harp, and it basically is blues. easy way to start is hammer the 4 hole draw, go back and forthe to five draw and end on 2 draw or 3 blow, and tease back and forth with bends.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.