Lessons :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have a tip that you want to share? Put it here. 
Beginning Aid
Posted by: Vireo (71.28.55.---)
Date: October 18, 2012 10:26PM

I have just recently started harmonica a few weeks ago and I am having trouble with several things. Currently I use lip blocking since I have found that whenever I try tongue blocking I get a weird note that is much lower then it should be. I must be doing something wrong so i'll take any pointers.
I also could use some help with flowing my notes together, and from listening to others my playing needs a smoother transition. Any advice will be gladly accepted.
-Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Beginning Aid
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: October 18, 2012 10:42PM

You just started a few weeks ago. Don't worry about it. It'll come to ya.

Posted by: WaltP (96.238.97.---)
Date: October 20, 2012 08:49PM

As far as tongue blocking and getting a much lower note, it sounds as if the note on the left side of your mouth is sounding, so try moving your tongue a little more to the left to get the note on the right to sound. Hope that helps.

Posted by: Mike63 (122.107.111.---)
Date: March 05, 2013 11:02AM

Hi Vireo. I'm only begining too. I can't lip block to save my life so if you can you're doin alright. When you tounge block try angling the harp towards the right side of your face. Your tounge (being on the left) should slide into notes more easily. Then again sometimes I angle it the other way, helps with the higher notes. Like I said, I'm just beginning. Hope it helps:-)
Mike.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.