Requests :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Post your tab requests here. 
I'll Stand By You
Posted by: Bert (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: May 24, 2007 08:34PM

Hello,

I am trying to tab this song. The Pretenders version was wonderful and for those here in the US the version Carrie Underwood preformed was very beautiful on American Idol last night.

Anyway I just can't do it. Help!

Thanks,

Claudia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'll Stand By You
Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: May 26, 2007 05:36AM

There are a lot of Fs and a lot of F#s. A C harp can't do that and a G harp can't do that. One option is to substitute other notes for those, and another is tab it for a chromatic harmonica.

Posted by: mmolino54 (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 26, 2007 04:40PM

Claudia,
I just posted an OK version of it. The second verse actually required some overblows and advanced techniques--so I bumped every note up a halfstep (compared to the rest of the song). It's not perfect, but certainly playable. You could play it an octave lower pretty easily too if you wanted. BTW--I stink at sounding stuff out--I used the free version of harping midi software to tab from a midi file.
-Marc

Posted by: Bert (76.166.196.---)
Date: May 27, 2007 12:35AM

You rock mmolino54! smiling smiley Thank You! I love the harptabs site.

Posted by: Bert (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: May 28, 2007 11:53PM

Marc

Your post hadn't appeared when I posted my thank you in the tread. You did an amazing job thanks again. It sounds great an octave lower too!

What harping midi software do you use?

Thanks again,

Claudia

Posted by: mmolino54 (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 29, 2007 07:49AM

It goes by the ever-deceptive name: HarpingMidi ; )
You can download it free here:
[www.harpingmidi.com]

It took me about 30 minutes or so to get used to it (figure out how to change the notes to tab, isolate melodies from songs, and use the transpose tool, which lets you instantly move notes up/down a whole octave or just a half-step).

Glad you liked the version I posted. I like this song and always thought it would sound pretty good on harmonica.

All the best,
Marc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.