Member Links :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Here is a place where our members can post links to their favorite sites. 
Forte Free
Posted by: cjd (203.36.176.---)
Date: May 10, 2011 02:59PM

Not sure if this will interest anyone, but this site [www.forte-notation.eu] has a free product called forte free.

It takes a midi file and returns it in sheet music form allowing you to edit the music, change the instruments that play and even transpose into a different key.

It also has the ability to type the lyrics in the correct position, however I have been using it to add in the harp tab numbers below the corresponding notes. The music is played and each not is highlighted as it is played so you can play along and you can remove instruments from the play.

I know that this sort of thing is sort of common but for a free product with no catches, it works very well.

Anyway, I thought it was good and use it a lot and could not see any other reference of this mentioned by anyone.

Hope someone likes it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Forte Free
Posted by: WaltP (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 10, 2011 04:03PM

Is it the standard version that's only free for 30 days and you can't print, or is the forte free version and can that be printed out?

Posted by: cjd (203.36.176.---)
Date: May 11, 2011 02:35AM

Walt, the one I am using is the "Forte Free" version and printing is fine. There are features that are missing from the paying versions but I dont seem to miss them.

The one that may be missed the most is that the free version does not export back to a midi file. You can capture to wav and that works ok for me.

Posted by: WaltP (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 11, 2011 03:10AM

Thanks Chris

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.