Member Links :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Here is a place where our members can post links to their favorite sites. 
Interactive Circle of Fifths
Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: February 08, 2010 03:07AM

I found this very interesting. Not very useful TO ME, but very interesting. Some of it is way past me, but I could use some of it occasionally. And there is some stuff you can see just by looking at it that I did not realize before.

Interactive Circle of Fifths

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Interactive Circle of Fifths
Posted by: grayharp (---.jetstream.xtra.co.nz)
Date: February 09, 2010 08:54AM

Gene, as well as learning the harp I play guitar and that Circle does make a little sense when it comes to song structure but there's an awful lot of stuff that would take some concentrated learning to fully understand it.
Cheers

Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: February 09, 2010 06:01PM

Yes there is, but most of us may never need everything that circle has to offer. I use the very simplest stuff on it all the time...Like finding which harp would be used for different positions and finding the key of a song, though for that, the Circle in our files section is easier to use for that.

Posted by: grayharp (---.jetstream.xtra.co.nz)
Date: February 10, 2010 08:59AM

I agree.

Posted by: Spamalot (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 11, 2010 10:11PM

Great find gene! I've been looking for something like that, but the best thing I ever found was a complicated chart. This is very simple and easy to understand. I've been trying to dabble in music theory lately and this will be very helpful. Thanks!

Posted by: mattd60 (---.bois.qwest.net)
Date: February 12, 2010 05:59AM

Wow, thanks for the link, i wish i had something like that a long time ago. I've been playing the piano for at least seven years and music theory can get really complicated. Definitely going to bookmark this one!

Posted by: gene (---.swbell.net)
Date: February 12, 2010 08:13PM

Sites don't always last forever. There are instructions on their page for saving to your computer. I saved it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.