Member Links :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Here is a place where our members can post links to their favorite sites. 
Site Revamp
Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 07, 2006 03:40PM

Well, I'm rather proud of myself. I just gave two of my sites a good visual overhaul. This way, my main website and my primary blog have a consistent feel. (I also added nifty home-made favorites icons!)

Tell me what you think:
My Main Website
My Primary Blog

(I'm still in the process of reworking my other blog. I still haven't quite decided what it should look like.)

Post Edited (07-07-06 11:57)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Site Revamp
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 07, 2006 07:13PM

I like the layout of the site. Did you design the graphics as well?

Posted by: pharpy (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 07, 2006 11:06PM

For the background? Yes/No. I have a collection of tiling backgrounds that I've gathered from various software (MS Office, etc. background images) as well as some that I did create using Sausage Software's Reptile Background generator.

The photos & artwork, though, are all mine.

Date: July 08, 2006 04:39AM

cool

Date: July 08, 2006 06:06AM

OK, the update to my other blog is done!

I created the black background with Reptile Background Generator, & the cross in the upper-left corner is my own artwork.

I don't remember where I got the pale gray background.

Date: July 08, 2006 06:14PM

I like the black background on the second blog.

Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 08, 2006 08:44PM

Now the only question is, what do I do with the other two websites that I'm still "maintaining" & the other one that I don't think I've touched hardly at all since I set it up???

I'm beginning to think I've got too much going on online. I've got a total of 4 blogs (2 on blogger & 2 on MySpace (not to mention the profile editing you can do on MySpace)), 1 active & 3 not-so-active websites, & a photo-album site just for good measure. That pretty much covers it...oh yeah, I occasionally put stuff up on eBay, if for no other reason than having another excuse to fiddle around with HTML.

Date: July 09, 2006 12:00AM

lol you should just change jobs and become a web designer, then you can fiddle with as much HTML as you like.

Date: July 09, 2006 01:22AM

Unfortunately, around here, most people who want a web-head on staff want someone well versed in Flash (which I detest for the most part), perl, SQL, Java, etc along with the HTML. I've got a good wrap on HTML & CSS, & am beginning to fiddle with JavaScript, but as far as web-apps & database type stuff (like this site) go, It's pretty much unfamiliar territory. The last time I did anything close to that was writing BASIC programs for my C= 64.

Date: August 17, 2006 06:56AM

If you know basic translating that into other programing languages isn't that bad (Except for flash that is just a tough program to learn). Javascript, C, C++, .Net, PHP and all of those other programing languages really are almost the same. They all just have minor syntax differences. My biggest problem is when I try to do work in another language I go into auto pilot while programing and end up using the syntax for either PHP or Visual Basic (the two languages I use the most). If you really want to learn that stuff you can pick up a Dummies book and learn it pretty easily (I self taught myself everything I know about computers and programing).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.