Member Links :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Here is a place where our members can post links to their favorite sites. 
My Harmonica Website
Posted by: pharpy (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: May 18, 2005 02:28PM

I finally decided to put up a website. Right now, it's just in the beginning phases, but I should be adding more to it soon. So far, I only have 1 song posted there, and that's Amazing Grace. So far my plan is that all the music files will be in WMA format, and I'll put as many of the songs that I post tabs for on this site as I can. If I start to run out of space, some of the more widely known songs may dissapear to make room for lesser known tunes.

Here's the site:

[www.geocities.com]

If you want to go straight to the song list, go here:

[www.geocities.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Harmonica Website
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 18, 2005 10:03PM

pcguyiv wrote:

> I finally decided to put up a website. Right now, it's just in
> the beginning phases, but I should be adding more to it soon.
> So far, I only have 1 song posted there, and that's Amazing
> Grace. So far my plan is that all the music files will be in
> WMA format, and I'll put as many of the songs that I post tabs
> for on this site as I can. If I start to run out of space,
> some of the more widely known songs may dissapear to make room
> for lesser known tunes.
>
> Here's the site:
>
> [www.geocities.com]
>
> If you want to go straight to the song list, go here:
>
> [www.geocities.com]
>

Good luck with the site. I hope you don't run out of room, but normally those free ones are pretty small.

Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: May 20, 2005 06:21PM

I haven't quite got the GeoCities site up and running the way I want it, yet, so until further notice, try this place instead:

[www.bellsouthpwp.net]

Thanks!
PCGuyIV

Posted by: bayan57 (200.48.114.---)
Date: June 11, 2005 02:54AM

Try out [members.freewebs.com] for hosting, and www.freedomain.co.nr as a redirector. those are the ones i use, no complaints up to now

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: August 20, 2005 04:16PM

hiya Frank (smile)))

Great job soo far on your websites. I hope you can get some of those mp3's going sometime, particularly "Turn, Turn, Turn," by the Byrds. I love that old song. It's right out of the scriptures, and although it's listed as a Rock song, it's really rather spiritual. (wink, grin)))

Thanx & keep up the good work!

~always Maria.

Date: August 22, 2005 01:01PM

Once I get some free time where I can sit down and do some recording, I'll get more songs up. Lately, though, I've just been so overwhelmed with life in general I haven' had much time for anything.

It's been so long since I've worked on my website, it's probably a little out of date on what songs I've got written into tabs and recorded. Check out the listing of what songs I've posted here (because that's all the ones I've tabbed out so far) and look for the ones with check-marks in the midi column. The "midi" link is actually linked to mp3's that I've got hosted on another site. I think there are a few more than what are listed on the BellSouth site, but Turn, Turn, Turn still isn't one of them...yet.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: August 23, 2005 01:58PM

Hey Frank (smile)))

You've got quite a long list of songs that you've personally tabbed out. That's great! (grin)) You seem to have a very though grib on all aspects of different harmonicas too. How long have you been playing the harmonica???

I've been at it for almost a month & feel like the music is just now starting to make sence in my head about what I'm really hearing. I put up my own tabbed song (Danny Boy) at harptabs yesterday & felt like I'd accomplished something super fantasic! lol

Date: August 23, 2005 02:29PM

All in all, I've been playing for about 20 years (+/-), however, I've only been playing seriously for about a year. Most of what I've learned about harmonicas themselves has been from the ones I've owned. The only exceptions are the chromatic and the octave.

I have a chromatic, but it's not a typical one, so it's a little awkward to play, and most songs don't fit on it well. The octave, I haven't actually played, but I found out about it when I was researching one of the cheap harps I have. I found out that what have is a tremolo (a cheap chinese tremolo that cost only $1.99), but I also found out about the octave harps, because they are constructed in a very similar manner. The only difference is that the tremolo has 2 rows of reeds that are tuned to the same notes, but the octave has 2 rows of reeds tuned one octave apart.

As far as the tabbing goes, well, at first I had no intention of posting any, but then I decided A) I could probably do as good a job of tabbing as most anyone else here, and cool smiley if I'm going to use a site so heavily, I might as well contribute. Since I'm not excatly capable of doing so financially, I decided I'd help with content. I've slowed down substantially on my posting of tabs, but there are a few reasons for that including but not limited to running out of tunes I remember, and I'm trying to catch up with recording mp3's for the tabs I've already written.

Part of what drove me to post so much was the desire to reach "Heavy Contributor" status. I'm still gunning for the #3 spot, but that's not quite as important, and it'll be a while. I could just post a mass of tabs, but they wouldn't be quality tabs, and while I don't mind being prolific in my postings, I'd rather post things with meaning (at least to me).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.