Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
A good inexpensive harp, Huang Silvertone
Posted by: railjumper (172.7.230.---)
Date: February 26, 2015 05:05AM

I've seen several post of players looking for a decent cheap harmonica. When I first started out I was doing the same. I've bought a number of the Huang Silvertones over the years, but it has been a while. So I don't know if they are made the same or what the price is now. Most that I bought were $7-10. I did buy some on ebay not too long ago. Some guy bought out some old stock from somewhere and he had some low F's for $10, so I bought a couple.

I was out in my shop trying to straiten it up and took a break. I grabbed a zip lock bag I keep some harps in and a beer and sat down and played a bit. Pulled out the Huang Silvertone in A and played. It was really playing good, and I've had it for years.Have never even cleaned it. It's been out in the shop for years and when the weathers not bad I can be found there playing all the time. (I have a little fridge out there with cold beer too).

It got me to thinking about what a good harp it is to be as cheap as it was. Stays tuned, easy to play and bends easily. Sounds good too. Shaped like a Seydel Blues Session, which I like.

Another one that ain't too bad for the price is a Suzuki Folk Master. They are small and light and seem to hold up ok. I've bought a few. In fact the A stays on the table by my chair in the living room along with some others. Yeah, I got harps everywhere. There is probably a dozen or so sittin' on the computer desk here. Including two Huangs and a Suzuki.Make that 3 Huangs including a Huang Star Performer. They are made like a Hohner Golden Melody. I don't much care for them though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2015 07:16AM by railjumper.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.