Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Suzuki Humming Tremolo
Posted by: beads (107.136.17.---)
Date: October 17, 2014 01:11AM

I bought a Suzuki Humming Tremolo in D about 2 years ago. I liked it so much that I bought one in G this year. The D is a low harp. The G has the same range as a standard Richter G. These have a modified solo tuning. They play the same as a standard Richter does in the middle and top octaves (holes 4 to 10 on the Richter). The first octave on the Humming plays like the middle octave on the Ricther so there are no missing major scale notes in the first octave. These harps are very well made. The materials, workmanship, fit, and finish are top notch. The covers are thicker than average and the harp has some real heft to it. The only complaint I had was some of the notes on both of these harps did not have the correct amount of tremolo. The tremolo rate should go up slightly as you go higher up the harp. Some notes had too much or too little tremolo. Just a few notes on each harp but it really bothered me. Suzuki may have retuned it if I sent it back to them but I have retuned many diatonics so I just went ahead and adjusted them myself. It was not like retuning to a different note. Just tweaking the bottom reed in the pair by a tiny bit. Taking a bit of weight off the tip makes the tremolo faster. Taking a bit of metal off near the base makes the tremolo slower. It was more time consuming than I thought, but it was a success. I have some tunes with these on my youtube channel if anyone wants to compare the D to the G.
[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.