Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
seydel harmonica case
Posted by: gatman (98.160.231.---)
Date: June 11, 2013 10:52PM

Has anyone here tried out the seydel hard cover harmonica case for 20 harps? I was looking at the hohner Briefcase full of blues, and although I like the looks of it, I was less than impressed with the reviews on it. The Seydel is quite a bit smaller, but looks like it would get the job done. Unfortunately, I can't find any reviews on it.
I was also looking at racks so I could play my harp while playing my keyboards/bass guitar. I wasn't completely satisfied with any of the racks out there, and I came across the harplock. Check it out on harplock.com. Very interesting. I'd appreciate your input. GATMAN

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: seydel harmonica case
Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.183.---)
Date: June 12, 2013 07:34PM

I went and checked out the 20 harp case, Jeff, and it looks to be a very, very nice gig bag. It even has a place for a Chromatic to go along with those 20 diatonics! smiling smiley

I've got a Seydel Softcase for 14 Harps and its a nice case. Keeps the dust off the harps and protects them (up to a point) which is exactly what I wanted in a case at the time. It securly holds each harp, and as you can tell by the pics on the website, there's a padded divider in the middle so the haprs don't bang together when you close the bag. The zipper is sturdy, functions smoothly, and the pull-tab is large, making it easy to grasp.

The hardshell case for the 20 harps also has that padded divider in it, but it looks to be removeable via a zipper (the website touts it can be worn as a beltbag) and there's a protective flap on each side. Wow. Very nice indeed!
It's also got a storage place for a microphone, associated cables, and tools.

I've been very pleased with the craftsmanship on my 14 harp Softcase, so even though I don't own a Hardshell case, I don't think you could go wrong if you decide to go for it. It's a very well thought out and designed case, sure to protect your harps and equipment.

Re: seydel harmonica case
Posted by: jefg (174.29.185.---)
Date: September 11, 2014 12:18AM

Haven't tried the Seydel case, but looks useful. Pretty pricey though. As for the Harplock, it too looked useful when I ordered it. But used as intended, (to mount on your Shure 58-style vocal mic0 for singing and playing thru the same mic, I found it impractical. The harp mounts too close to the mic element. A harmonica is shrill and significantly louder when played right up on the mic like that. If your mic input is set for useful vocal level, the harp level will be too loud. The result is a harp solo that's too loud, too tinny, and non-musical through the PA.A more sensible approach is the HarpArm, about the same cost, but adjustable in 3 directions to give you a much better EQ situation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.