Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Hohner Puck
Posted by: 03lindsi (82.45.213.---)
Date: June 11, 2012 09:18PM

I brought this harmonica for a bit of a laugh as it is so small. For its size and cost, it doesn't have that bad a tone and it ain't bad on the volume scale. It is a very non-serious harmonica and so much fun to play.

[www.musik-produktiv.it]

Above is a link, so you can see the size of it next to a ruler.

smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hohner Puck
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: June 11, 2012 10:37PM

About 7 cillipeters?
(Sorry, but I don't know a millimeter from a centipede.) grinning smiley

Posted by: cjd (161.43.72.---)
Date: June 12, 2012 03:38AM

It’s easy to work them out Gene, the millimeter stays in the one place and the Centipede takes off.

Posted by: 03lindsi (82.45.213.---)
Date: June 21, 2012 07:44AM

It is about 0.5 centipeders

Posted by: gatman (98.160.231.---)
Date: June 21, 2012 02:26PM

So all this talk made me go out and pick up one of these sillypeters.
Yeah it's alright for a gimmick harmonica. Harmonicas are such small instrments
already, there's really no need to make them smaller and you always have to sacrifice tone, volume, clarity, etcetera and so on when you shrink it down. In my opinion, for reasons stated, all mini harmonicas, no matter how well built are nothing more than gimmicks when you get right down to it.

Posted by: Mike63 (122.107.111.---)
Date: March 11, 2013 07:09AM

GO METRIC AMERICA!!!

Hohner have been making those for ever. I have a very old one from my grandfather, or maybe even my great grandfather. Its got a wooden comb and don't sound too bad for its age. However, yes they are a gimmick. But a gimmick that is well made and you can actually play. I'd rather have something real hanging round my neck or from the rearveiw. At least its not made in china(not that theres anything wrong with that)But really, give me an SP20 in C any day.:-)

Cheers
Mike

Posted by: 03lindsi (138.37.7.---)
Date: March 11, 2013 02:16PM

It definitely is a gimmick but a fun gimmick at that. I was once on stage and I pulled it out with apologies that it had shrunk in the wash and then started to play William Tell Overture with it. Their reactions was so funny.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.182.---)
Date: March 12, 2013 07:24PM

LOL! I'd have liked to have seen that!

On a similar concept, hubby and I have a couple of Suzuki Metal Major 5's and Metal Minor 5's. They're cool! (and a heck of a lot of fun, too!).

Check 'em out here!

By the way, I'll have to remember your line of "it shrunk in the wash" next time I pull either of them out to play! So funny!!

Posted by: gatman (98.160.231.---)
Date: May 19, 2013 12:08AM

Hi Deb, I'd been thinking of metal major & metal minor. Wound up getting a seydel big six. I'd really enjoy a more in depth review of the suzuki's

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.