Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Kay Chicago Blues C & Suzuki Metal Minor 5 A
Posted by: Werkis2 (95.68.83.---)
Date: October 20, 2011 04:16PM

Kay Chicago Blues C & Suzuki Metal Minor 5 A

Today i bought 2 new harmonicas for my collection nothing special.
Well i tough Kay Chicago Blues C will be bad harmonica but i was surprised it is really good comparing to other ones i can get cheaper in Latvia. Due to post / transfer they cost more so Chicago blues was 8$ for me and Suzuki Metal 5 A minor 12$.

Other cheapest here available are only Hardly Benton and Stagg C major diatonics and they are incredibly bad bad - so unresponsive reeds, air leeks and i can count and count on how bad they are.

I wanted to try out that Chicago blues harmonica cause it have white glass alike plastic comb you can see light trough also it isn't in typical wide size like other typical harmonicas its shorter / thicker almost 0.5 cm / 5 mm.
Backside is nice - opening looks like on Golden Melody.

For me its feels like little better than Hohner Blues Band in C key but maybe 3% - 5% only.

And Suzuki Metal 5 minor A . 5 hole chain key or necklace.
Its one nice little thing sounds great and yeah it have round holes.
Next time i will buy Cone to,i didn't wanted to take it now cause i wanted to try that Chicago blues.

Well if you are looking for 4 - 5 holers you should know one little detail

The Suzuki Metal Major and Metal Minor models are both five-holers. The Metal Major is tuned like the Hohner five-holer, while the Metal Minor is tuned to an A harmonic minor scale, with the blow notes forming an A minor chord (A C E A C) and the draw notes B D F G# B - again like Holes 4 through 8 of a harmonic minor tuned diatonic.

But so far my favorite harmonicas in c key are C golden melody, C lee oskar and Suzki Manji i just don't like it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2011 04:26PM by Werkis2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kay Chicago Blues C & Suzuki Metal Minor 5 A
Posted by: gatman (98.160.231.---)
Date: June 11, 2012 12:44AM

A few years back, I bought Kay Chicago Blues harps for my sons cub scout pack. I must say I was impressed with the sound. Nothing like my other harmonicas, but very decent for a cheap harp. I thought of getting a Suzuki Metal Major and / or Minor a while back, but decided that if I buy a mini harp, it's going to be the Seydel Big Six. Not a whole lot bigger than the Major/Minor, but it's a real instrument.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.