Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Seydel Tab Tool
Posted by: beads (---.dsl.covlil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 07, 2011 12:12PM

Seydel has free software called Tab Tool. You can download it here:

[www.seydel1847.de]

There is also a manual you can download there. Here is a tutorial:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

I have used this program for over a year. It works great. I play Lee Oskar
Melody Maker harps and you can add that tuning to the program from
the drop down menus at the top. You can enter in notes by their letter
names, which is what I do, if you can read music, then convert the notes
to tab. I also use it to see what other positions will work. For example
some tabs in second position will also play well in third. Just use the slider
to transpose keys.

Peace,
Rex

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seydel Tab Tool
Posted by: Werkis2 (95.68.83.---)
Date: June 14, 2011 09:06PM

do you have Lee Oskar Melody Maker A configuration ? i made couple times few but all time it just crashed for me with it .

Also melody recorder is good and harpy i use to extract tabs from midi .

Date: June 15, 2011 10:09PM

Melody Maker is already in the version I downloaded. Maybe you have an old version. You have to add Melody Maker each time you use the program. Click on "file", then click on "add harp" , then scroll through the list on the right to "MelodyMaker.harp" and double click on that. Then from the control panel (in the middle between the input and output) you can click on where is says blues harp and choose the Melody Maker. You can do this for input and/or output. If your program doesn't have Melody Maker try downloading it again from Seydel. If it still doesn't work contact me and I will try to send you the file. At Seydel website there is also a PDF instruction manual. I will try to email a copy of that to you.

Date: June 15, 2011 10:17PM

I emailed you a copy of the instruction manual and also the Melody Maker app file.

Posted by: oweny70 (90.211.30.---)
Date: September 11, 2013 08:17PM

ihave bought melody maker harmonica cannot use usual diatonic tabs cant see much re tabs for melody maker depend completely on tabs to play harmonica any suggestions

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: September 12, 2013 01:27PM

here is a site that has harmonica note layouts if you click on the drop-down menu you will find melody maker there you can transpose from diatonic harp to melody maker using this tool for reference i hope this helps click

Posted by: meanon (92.107.162.---)
Date: September 13, 2013 05:13AM

Looks like Gene's link is damaged and should be . . .
[www.angelfire.com]

I was hoping to save my 100th post for something more earthshattering but, oh well, a small correction in an obscure part of the forum must count for something.

Incidentally, the pop up diagram in the link referenced above reminds me of the school chemistry lessons where we had to (attempt to ) learn the periodic table of elements. I prefer the simple approach to harp playing where the tab tells you the hole number and whether to blow or draw and that is it. No complex theory. Analagous to "paint by number" for children.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.