Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Seydel Blues Session, Low D
Posted by: railjumper (172.10.104.---)
Date: January 03, 2014 02:17PM

Well I got my steel reeds. Sounds good, now to see if they outlast the brass ones. The brass one lasted from March to Dec.

My low D before the Seydel was a Special 20. The draw 6 went out on it too. I guess playing 3rd position is just hard on the draw 6. At least for me it is.

I've replaced single reeds before, but finding the right reed among my old reed plates is impossible since they are all tuned higher.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: railjumper (172.10.101.---)
Date: July 27, 2014 06:08PM

Been playing the steel replacements reeds (Low D) for awhile and so far they are holding up. Went ahead and bought a Seydel Steel Blues Session in Low C and it's great. A bit more money than I normally spend, but if they hold up as well as they claim, they could turn out to be a cheaper way to go. Only time will tell.

Posted by: railjumper (172.7.230.---)
Date: November 21, 2014 10:27PM

I mostly use my low harps in the 4 - 10 holes, 3rd position minors and 1st and 2nd position majors.

I've recently bought 3 Seydel Session Steel harps in Lo C, Lo F and A. I really like the way they play. I bought the Lo F and A new on ebay from the same seller and the cost was about $45 each with shipping. Couldn't pass that up! Saved at least $30.

Posted by: bloinc (86.180.17.---)
Date: January 12, 2015 01:15PM

Hello Gene
I enjoyed your backing track - thank you.
PeteW (bloinc)

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: January 12, 2015 01:24PM

Thank you for the thank you!

Posted by: railjumper (172.7.230.---)
Date: February 26, 2015 04:32AM

Well I replaced the brass reeds on the low D with the steel ones Dec 31, 2013. The brass ones lasted 7-8 months. The steel ones are nearly 14 months and going strong.

I have also bought Session Steel in low C, A, and low F. I like them, the feel and they seem to hold up. I even picked up a brass reed Blues Session in low Eb because the price was right. It rarely gets used, so it should last a good while.

Posted by: railjumper (108.162.221.---)
Date: July 14, 2016 09:14PM

Still playing my Low D with the steel replacement reeds. Have also bought Low F and Low C and a regular tuned A. All with steel reeds. I have played them all alot with no issues. They are definitely more durable than the Special 20. The A is my most used harmonica.

They do cost more than the Sp 20, I get them for $60, but they last longer.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.