Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Blues Harp MS
Posted by: Blues_slanger (115.187.249.---)
Date: January 21, 2011 08:43AM

I have seen allot of people on these forums give the Blues harp a bad rep. I would like to add my 2 cents and say that the blues harp is by far my favourite harp out there.
I have tried many diferent harps before deciding to get the full set of Blues Harp MS

The reasons why i like it are:

I like the timber over plastic comb
I see that Hohner is a verry reliable brand
I personally like the smaller holes on the harp as it makes it easier to play a chord then jump into a single hole.
The marine band would be my 2nd choice but i like the feel of the Blues harp in my hand allot better.

The right harp is diferent for everyone it comes downt to personal preference, I have read so many bad raps about this harp and just wanted to add in what i thought about this harp.

Thanks all

Ben

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blues Harp MS
Posted by: gatman (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: January 21, 2011 06:37PM

Ben, you are absolutely correct. It all comes down to a matter of personal preference. I think it's great that you have found your favorite harp, and could afford to buy a complete set.
Jeff

Posted by: Blues_slanger (115.187.249.---)
Date: January 23, 2011 03:27AM

It has taken me almost 2 years to be able to collect them all, I am a carpenter apprentice/ labourer and most of my savings have gone to harps, music books and tools.

Posted by: IanKnights (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: January 23, 2011 05:20PM

I just got my first Blues Harp MS. Its pretty good and the doussie wood comb isn't swelling at all when I play it. The best MS harp I have played thus far.

Posted by: railjumper (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: June 28, 2011 05:10AM

I've played alot of Blues harps and have no complaint. At one time that was about all I had in my "good" harp case. It's just easier cleaning plastic comb harps. I'm going more special 20's. A hohner rep told me they were going to start making replacement reeds for the 20's last year, but I haven't seen any.

Posted by: ricanefan (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: August 09, 2011 08:50AM

Hohner's MS series gets a bad rap, but I have never come across a bad Blues Harp. It's what I have most of, and what I play the most. I've always got an A in my pocket...

Posted by: JonnyPeter (---.dsl.telepac.pt)
Date: August 26, 2011 03:45PM

Hohner is and allways will be a reliable brand. Allways...

Posted by: WaltP (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 27, 2011 03:15AM

How I wish that was true, but alas...

Posted by: JonnyPeter (---.dsl.telepac.pt)
Date: August 29, 2011 01:04PM

Well, at least, the EUROPEAN most reliable brand grinning smiley

Posted by: Vireo (71.29.173.---)
Date: January 24, 2013 10:24PM

The Blues Harp works great for me. Until I got it, I never realized how bad my Hohner Bluesband was. Everything I like about it. I cant imagine anyone not liking it.
Vireo

Posted by: nicky2002 (75.41.69.---)
Date: February 19, 2013 05:30PM

you should buy a chicago blues harmonica. it's very easy to play and its very fun!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.