Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Suzuki Manji
Posted by: pjd777 (78.147.172.---)
Date: June 17, 2010 09:31AM

Hi I ordered a S/Manji , well it has arrived I did not not really know
what to xpect other than I have read about it being put in a similar
catagory as the Hohner cross over and I already own one of these plus
my harp of choice a /valved pro 350. Any way out of the box it came
first impression its wider than the cross over but same length as I could see but over all it outwardly looks to be built with similar features to the C/over. When I put it to my mouth and blew into hole
4 I straight off new I was holding a differant harp as regards all the other harps I own and believe me there must be about 9 or 10 of them so cut to the chase first let be declare that I am 63 yrs young
and been playing for about six months coming along quite well and I
really enjoy well my lungs are the lungs of a 63y old and I dont smoke so they are not too bad. All I can say is the Manji is one big boy robust harp that demands to be heard above the rest , it bends
easily and very well and the over blow is rock solid enough to lift the roof off yes! its a real good piece of gear a real sock it to me blues harp, let rip with this harp and you will be heard above the rest it is not a harp for how can I put it the less flamboyant player no! you either offer it all you have or dont bother. Yes it is liken to the MB/C.O. but to me it packs a lot more volume all the holes were good maybe a bit tight on blow hole 9 but any way that could be me and not the harp. As I said my harp of choice is the valved 350 pro well! which do I prefer thats a hard one because my 350 is such an easy harp to play and offers good volume and is understanding to my 63yr old lungs if you get my drift so I think the 350 valved has worked it way into my heart and I know a lot of more pro harp players frown on them but there is no danger of the Manji being left in the box its too good a harp for that hope this was useful, by now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Suzuki Manji
Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: June 17, 2010 07:33PM

Thanks for the review. I have been curious about the Manji.

Posted by: IanKnights (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: July 04, 2010 05:36PM

I want one.....

Posted by: gatman (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: July 06, 2010 05:57AM

You S.O.B.s keep making me want to spend more money. But I can't right now because I recently bought a new bass amp and I've been trying to talk my wife into letting me buy another bass.

Posted by: WaltP (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 06, 2010 03:12PM

Why not one of those bass harps?

Posted by: God (---.80-203-226.nextgentel.com)
Date: July 25, 2010 05:22PM

A good harp, but I found the holes a little too big for my liking. It's probably great if you have the breath control to master them, but I'm not there yet. The Firebreath however feels like a mix between the Manji and the Pro-master, and the size of the holes resembles that of a soked Hohner Blues Harp.

Posted by: IanKnights (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: July 31, 2010 08:53PM

> I want one.....

I got one.....in A......too early to say how good it is gonna be, but, it already feels great and responds superbly to every little input I make....!

Posted by: grayharp (---.jetstream.xtra.co.nz)
Date: September 05, 2010 09:52AM

Hi pjd777
I'm back on this site after a break away from a virus that was chasing me.

I completely agree with your sentiments on the s/manji...I bought one earlier this year (in G ) and I gotta say it's the best harp I've got....amongst the 12 to 15 other ones.
I am also in my sixties...just got reminded I'm 61!!!!!! and I've only been learning for the past 12 months or so.
I also spend time with a couple of guys in a guitar trio and that has been taking a bit of my spare time, but am now getting back to a bit more harp practice.
I'm lucky that I work in some out of the way places and sometimes get lunch breaks to practice both guitar and harp songs.

Keep on harpin
Cheers

Posted by: pjd777 (78.147.148.---)
Date: September 05, 2010 10:41PM

Hi grayharp couple of days ago I bought me an acoustic guitar never played one its 3/4 size with a narrow neck because I have got most of my left thumb missing so it should be interesting to see what awaits me kinda dumb for a 63yr old but what the hell lifes too short, so give it a blast...got any tips?

Date: September 06, 2010 10:02AM

Hya pjd777
Fantastic that you are gonna give it a go. I've been playing guitar for about 45 yrs on and off and have only 4 guitars at the moment....2 of them are electric acoustic with good steel strings, one full electric strat copy...don't like, and one nylon acoustic...don't like. What type have you got....nylon/steel strings? 3/4 sounds a bit small but OK to learn a bit on. Depending on type of music, get a starter book to learn basic chords and you may surprise yourself. Have a look at youtube for learning acoustic ...lots of sites.
Good Luck

Posted by: pjd777 (78.147.148.---)
Date: September 06, 2010 05:27PM

Hi Greyharp the guitar, well it a nylon stringed acoustic with a narrow neck to compensate for my lack of left thumb its made by Jose Ferrer
and I got it from the same music shop that I buy my harps from so I know the lady that owns it her name is Helen she is really nice and she refused to sell me any thing that was too exspensive on the grounds that I am a freshman it cost £70 and she informed me that she has a contract with the local schools to sell the same model guitar to child beginners and she recommends this model for any one just starting I trust her I have been dealing with her for some time. Her husband on the other hand was trying to encourage me to buy a full size steel stringed model which was £370 and she said that if it didnt work out for me I will have spent all that money for nothing which I thought was very genuine of her. I also bought a book called Guitar Method with 4 differant dvd,s its by Gary Turner & Peter Gelling and at the moment I am reading the basics for starters and at £14 its a lot of book. So thats about it Greyharp keep harpin.

Date: September 07, 2010 08:46PM

Hya pjd777

Sounds like you got some good advice from the lady....Keep at it....Good luck and you'll no you are doing enough practice when your fingers get real sore and then hardened on the ends!!!! smiling smiley
Cheers

Posted by: pjd777 (92.26.163.---)
Date: September 07, 2010 10:29PM

Thanks sore fingers with calluses I have gots heaps to look forward just joking I know what you mean Greyharp

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.