Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Your favorite retailer?
Posted by: mattsihler (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: April 24, 2009 11:44PM

I do almost all my shopping online. I use Musician's Friend and Coast to Coast Music...

Musician's friend has a lot of good deals and often free shipping, but they can never seem to get the suite number of my office right for delivery, several times i have had to get on the phone with them and UPS to get my order- and they always give me a $20 credit for the screw-up and regardless, I still get the order within a week of ordering it, and they're in Kansas or somewhere near there. So I can't complain too much.

Where do you guys shop?

Matt

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Your favorite retailer?
Posted by: Justice (---.198.omne.uk.net)
Date: April 25, 2009 12:45AM

here in scotland, the best uk retailer online is theharmonicacompany.com, there fantastic. I also use my (almost) local music shop Mcormacks in glasgow.

Posted by: ,,, (24.209.131.---)
Date: October 15, 2012 07:19PM

So, has anyone ever used harpmart (also called harmonica411)? Do you know if it's legit?

The distributor on amazon I like to buy from doesn't have the next model I want, and this is the only other place I can find it for a reasonable price. I haven't found any evidence of it being a scam, but the site looks like it was put together by a retarded monkey. Extremely sloppy and unprofessional. I guess I can understand that maybe it's a small operation and it's just a legit guy who doesn't happen to know d**k about web design, but then again, if it's that small of an operation that he can't even afford to have one designed for him, then how trustworthy can he really be?

So, anyone know if that's an ok place to buy from?

Posted by: rbone (75.38.130.---)
Date: October 16, 2012 03:19AM

Retarded Monkey? I checked out Harpmart's website and I found it easy to navigate.

Date: October 16, 2012 05:35AM

Look at the text in the middle of this page:

[shop.harmonica411.com]

Or the awesome overlap between the text and the shopping cart on this one:

[shop.harmonica411.com]

Yeah, I more than stand by my retarded monkey statement. With a website that sloppy I'm not sure if I can trust the place or not, but I really hope so because I'm not getting that particular model of harp anywhere else for less than another 25 bucks...

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: October 16, 2012 09:47AM

Rockin' Ron's.

Google "rockin rons modern blues harmonica." You'll find many threads raving about this place.

Date: October 16, 2012 10:47AM

I've actually heard of that...

Just checked, and they have what I want for only 1 dollar more than that place that seems sketchy to me.

If no one can confirm that the other place is both legit and competent, I'm gonna spring for that extra buck and go with Ron. Problem solved. Thanks, Gene.

Posted by: WaltP (96.238.97.---)
Date: October 16, 2012 01:53PM

We have to earn our reuptation every day!
From the top of their page

Posted by: WaltP (96.238.97.---)
Date: October 16, 2012 01:55PM

Then again their hard bopper is 229 coast to coast wants 280

Posted by: railjumper (172.7.230.---)
Date: March 04, 2015 08:47PM

My favorite is whoever has it the cheapest when I'm ready to buy. I search the places mentioned here plus ebay.
Sometimes you catch one having a sale on just what you are looking for.

Posted by: beads (107.136.17.---)
Date: January 02, 2016 02:16AM

Coast2coast music is no more. My favorite online retailers are Rockin Ron
[rockinronsmusicsd.com]
and Danny G at New Harmonica
[www.newharmonica.com]
Both of these are top notch.

If you like Seydel then Greg Jones is another good option. He is at:
[www.1623customharmonicas.com]
I have dealt with all three of these.

Posted by: harlezy2 (24.211.21.---)
Date: February 27, 2016 07:24AM

There's an outlet called "Best Deals Eva". They are an Amazon.com affiliated seller. I've got in on some 80 percent off deals on Suzuki Harps through them. The deals have cooled off lately, but I'm hoping they'll heat up again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.