Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Suzuki Pipe Huming
Posted by: mattsihler (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: April 24, 2009 11:31PM

Here is an interesting one, I got it in C- It has great response, plays perfectly out of the pouch (a nice touch). It's super smooth on the lips- smoother than any other harp I've played. the sound is about the same as My Lee Oskar but the response of the reeds is better. It looks really cool, a real eye catcher, it's slick and shiny like the chrome on a Harley. It is beautifully engraved.

As far as the vibrato effects go, well...I'm still trying to figure out the point...the sounds that I thought it would be capable of making by the looks of it have yet to be produced by me...in fact, I seem to be more limited as to what i am able to do. I'm thinking to stick my Shaker Mad Cat mic in the right opening and see what i can do with that...

Right now, the best vibrato I get is acting like the right side of the harp is my mouth and I am an indian in an old western film slapping my mouth as I yell my battle call...

But it sure looks good. And it's heavy. If you're leaving a gig late at night and are walking through a dark alley you can rest assured it will knock anyone senseless- almost like my Grandfather's old BlackJack hanging on the wall along with his nightstick...but this thing is totally legal to carry! Real cooooool...

Matt

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.