Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
harp bopper
Posted by: Justice (---.216.wightcablenorth.net)
Date: December 31, 2008 11:54AM

i got a hard bopper when i got my cx-12, i got the cx-12 in g and the hard bopper in c. at first i was anoyed with it though, i like to take my harps apart and the cx-12 makes it very simple and easy, but i hate that the wooden combed harp bopper had nails, a thing i hate about the marine band as well, WHY cant they use screws? it has a nice feel and the slide is easy and smooth, i normally dont like square holes on a chromatic, but the harp bopper has a really smooth and comfortable mouthpiece, which makes for easy playing. it has chrome plated reeds and reed plates, and it has a punchy tone, louder that the cx-12, but i would say simalar to the 270, so i dont think the chrome plating make a difference other than making it shiney.

i play my bopper as much as my cx-12 and can play it has viciously as i want and it plays the same as if played it softly, it cosistant with good sound, good volume and an overall comfortable size and shape. i still hate the wooden comb but its grown on me and if im honest i would get another one, because its pretty damn good.

overall, id say a 8/10 its very good and id recomed it to anyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: harp bopper
Posted by: WaltP (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 31, 2008 03:50PM

Wow, a CX-12 in G, that sounds interesting. Hard Bopper louder, hmmm. It probably does use longer reeds, but the Cx is loud. At least the golden one I have is. I've owned a few boppers over the years and it was my harp of choice for a long time. Perhaps you can find screws small enough to preplace the brads. I did come across a web page of instruction to drill through the plates and comb to bolt it together. As an aside the 270 super is screwed together. Glad to see another hard bopper player.
Walt

Re: harp bopper
Posted by: Justice (---.216.wightcablenorth.net)
Date: January 01, 2009 01:28PM

the cx-12 does sound quieter but that my be because its in a lower key. and ive thought about screws when i got it and i put up with it for quite a while now and it doesent bother me that much now. And the G is nice, very nice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.