Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Portable Amps & Microphones
Posted by: Bohe (---.al.charter.com)
Date: July 08, 2008 05:30AM

Can someone recomend a good portable amp, microphone & reverb set up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Portable Amps & Microphones
Posted by: gatman (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: July 11, 2008 08:56PM

When you say "portable" do you mean small enough to take somewhere, or do you mean a small, light battery powered amp that you can carry around to perform on the street?

Posted by: Bohe (---.al.charter.com)
Date: July 19, 2008 12:55PM

A light battery powered amp that you can carry around, but to big to put in your pocket.

Posted by: gatman (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: July 22, 2008 12:10AM

There are several companies that make small amps that you can clip to your belt, Danelectro and Marshall come to mind. I don't have any experience with these brands, but I have played a guitar through a Roland Micro Cube. Amazing sound coming out of such a small package, and loud!
It is small and light enough to sling over your shoulder, it also has a setting for microphone, so I'm not sure whether you would need an impedance matching transformer or not.
As far as microphones go, the only instrument mic I've used is the Audix fireball V. I like it alot, but if you have the opportunity, try out some others, as They are pricey and you don't want to be stuck with a mic you don't like.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.