Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Seydel Blues Soloist
Posted by: elglide (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: June 27, 2008 11:04PM

Just got a C.A. Seydel Blues Soloist. Impressed, easy to bend, wood comb. Not overly bright. Just wondered what others thought of it. I also have the harp addiction, used to have one for every day of the week now its one for every day of the month!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seydel Blues Soloist
Posted by: gatman (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: June 27, 2008 11:15PM

Hi Patrick,
I know that Sully likes the Seydel's, I'm sure you'll be hearing from him on this thread.
I thought I had an addiction, looks like I have some catching up to do!

Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: June 28, 2008 07:34AM

Look in the "Player List" under "B" for
Christelle "Harp Queen" Berthon.
She uses Seydel harps and an Audix Fireball V mic.

Posted by: sully (199.43.32.---)
Date: June 30, 2008 01:05PM

Yes I do, Blues session and soloist pro have become my go to harps. The 12 hole SBS tuning is a blast chug real low and corner switch for the leads, the range is great. Now if they would just provide replacement reed plates.

I say try as many harp models as you budget allows, each model has thier own soul, some pure and rich like a firebreath and some snarling nasty like a Delta Frost. I am a right tool for the job kind of guy.

Posted by: sully (199.43.32.---)
Date: July 01, 2008 08:59PM

Just read JAMES COTTEN , yeah that James Cotten just signed on to endorse Seydels. I guess the whole Marine Band is the only harp for blues since thats what the greats played. Now one of the greatest of the legends is playing Seydels. This speaks volumes for how good they are, Mark Hummel , James Cotten , Fred Yonnet ( he is also a reseller of them), Jimi Lee all are on the Seydel train. I love it when I make a good choice.

Posted by: izakmo (---.vermontel.net)
Date: July 23, 2008 11:16PM

sorry this is a bit off topic.

i seem to remember reading that some harp players don't like delta frosts in the low keys. it sounds like you have some experience with them, sully. an clue what that's about?

i'm looking to upgrade either my A or D harp and i want to try a delta frost to see how it compares with my lee oskar and special 20. do you think it matters which key i choose for the df? maybe i'll buy a seydel as well and just replace both keys at once.

gracias.

~ike

Posted by: izakmo (---.vermontel.net)
Date: August 20, 2008 01:14AM

has your addiction ever led a seydel blues session to your lips?

if yes, could you tell me where the holes fall on the spectrum in terms of size? large like a lee oskar, medium like a special 20, skinny like a marine band, tiny like a johnson blues king?

seydels run a bit pricier than any of my harps, but i'm trying to talk myself into splurging.

thanks.

~ike

Posted by: harmusman (---.cable.ubr02.enfi.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: October 19, 2008 08:30AM

Hi all, I too am thinking of getting a Seydel but the Silver 1847 sounds good to me, stainless steel reeds, no more verdi gris and staining as on the brass ones, and the cleaning of this Seydel sounds absolutely disinfectively novel.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.