Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Suzuki Folkmaster
Posted by: ihatehippolovers (---.w193-248.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: April 04, 2008 08:26PM

A few weeks ago I was looking at harps on e-bay. They were selling a Folkmaster at half price. Perhaps 10 euros. Anyway I bought one. I originally thought of getting different keys but they were only offering C. It remained in its box until a couple of days ago. It's an inexpensive harp which is actually made in China. It's slightly lighter than a Hohner Silver Star but is quite well made for the price.The reed plate in the front is not completely covered which may irritate some players. I've been playing a big river harp so it is o.k. for me.What impressed me was the tone--Bright and quite loud. Quite comfortable toplay and easy to play single notes. This surprised me because it's rather small .However on closere inspection I noticed that although the holes are small the distance in between is bigger,enabling easier single note playing especially if you use the pursed lips technique. Over all worth the money especially if I canget the other keys A D F G etc. Whats more I'm now seriously copnsidering other Suzukis such as harpmaster, bluesmaster and if my ship comes in the Promaster. Well I can dream!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.