Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Harley Benton
Posted by: ihatehippolovers (---.w193-248.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: February 19, 2008 04:53PM

I'm thinking of getting harps in different keys and don't want to pay too much. I've come accross Blue Steel by Bushmanbut they seem to be having problems. On the other hand I've heard of sets by Harley Benton . Can anyone give info. or point me in another direction? Thanks Willi

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Harley Benton
Posted by: sully (199.43.32.---)
Date: February 19, 2008 05:51PM

Will I am the person who trashed the blue steels on bushman's site. Bushman does not make them.
I would go with suzuki harpmasters, same as Delta Frost except brass and not phospher bronze reeds. They are under 20 bucks and play very well. They will not admit but Suzuki makes the DeltaFrost, as Sydel makes the Soulsvoice. To Bushman design it is a OEM build thing. Just as Nady amkes the Bushman mic.

Posted by: gatman (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: February 19, 2008 07:08PM

I don't know anything about the Harley Benton harmonicas.
I also wanted to get different keys but I didn't want to sacrifice quality to be able to get them sooner. What I decided to do was make a list of different brands and models that I wanted to try, and when ever I could afford to buy a new one, I would get a different key.

Posted by: sully (199.43.32.---)
Date: February 19, 2008 07:41PM

that is it best, since as in all things opinion matters. The way you play will always come into play. The cost is a concern but it is better to spend between 20 -30 for a good entry - mid level harp then going 15 and below and have the harp hinder the learning curve with bad habits like blowing too hard.

Posted by: ihatehippolovers (---.w193-248.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: February 20, 2008 10:08AM

Hi All, Thanks for good advice. I'm an amateur who started in oct 2007 with no previous musical experience. So it's a steep learning curve. I started with a book C.d. and a puretone harp. To my untutored ear It bseems O.K; I've now got a Lee Oskar and a big River both in C. Often people speak about air_tightness Of a harp but how can one tell? How much does the way one holds the harp affect this? If at all? Salut! Willi

Posted by: sully (199.43.48.---)
Date: February 20, 2008 03:30PM

lee oskar airtight , big river not so much. It is how solid the note sounds

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.