Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Bushman Bullet mic is back!
Posted by: paulw (---.dhcp.bycy.mi.charter.com)
Date: March 01, 2006 08:44PM

Hey everyone it looks like the bullet mic is back.

I see its on the Bushman Music Works site again. Hopefully Coast to Coast will be carrying it again soon.

If you need one, it comes highly recomeded by my favorite reviewer...me...lol

I bought one a few months ago out of faith in the Bushman product line. It is everthing the discription states. As compairison to some of the mics I have tryed out or own; 1. Its the best lookin bullet I own. 2. its simular to a green bullet only cleaner when you want it to be and your able to get more grit from your amp with the higher volume . Kind of like a cross breed of a green bullet and a Sure sm57 with better feedback control. I can get more volume before feed back with this mic than any other one I own.

This is through a Fender pro jr amp with a jenson J10Q speaker. I had a green bullet but returned it because the Bushman bullet seemed to do everthing it could do and more with less feedback and it was easyer to hold. Its the same size as a Bluesblaster but not as fat as it tapers back to the rear of the mic. I have a bluesblaster (jt30) as well which is good if you want a lot of grit, I like it but it can get a little too gritty and feedback when I dont want it to some times.

The Bushman bullet is my favorite mic and I currently own The bushman bullet, Sure sm57, Honer bluesblaster and a shaker madcat.

Im no giging pro, but thats my two cents worth.

Paul

Post Edited (03-01-06 17:52)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bushman Bullet mic is back!
Posted by: sully (---.chubb.com)
Date: March 01, 2006 09:05PM

I went to order one and did not see it listed on the mic page. I missed it at the 60.00 price tag awhile back. I was thinking of getting the NADY version but did not because I respect John from Harp Depot and they seemed to have messed with him. I hope it turns up soon.

Date: March 01, 2006 09:07PM

Its on the Bushman site, I think its $99
Looks like John has put up a post on its return on the Bushman forum. Very interesting..

Posted by: pleuksar (---.nas1.gainesville1.fl.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 10:34PM

Sully,

Is this the same mic you mentioned on the Delta Frost thread?

Posted by: sully (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 10:59PM

It should be, however I go here [www.harpdepot.com] and the mic is not listed.

Date: March 01, 2006 11:12PM

Sully,

Please try www.bushmanmusic.com

Feel free to look around, lots of info on the forums...

Date: March 02, 2006 12:41AM

Yes, it is the same mic I refered to in the delta frost thread. It originally came a nice wooden box with blue lining when it sold for $149.95. However the box is not much use to me, I keep mine a case with my other mic's. He may have done away with the box to make it more affordable.

Posted by: sully (---.63.chubb.com)
Date: March 02, 2006 05:28PM

did not know the split of harp depot and bushman music websites.... thanks.

Posted by: alejol (---.chs.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 03, 2006 12:18AM

Glad to see that it's back. Will need to save my pennies to get one. I like the idea that the element is similar to the Shure SM57-58 series, which should give me the clean sax-like tone that I get from using my SM-58. Definite "cool" factor, too.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: March 03, 2006 04:43PM

This harp mic is NOT a long time Nady design! Bushman did indeed design this microphone and took the prototype to a manufacturer he thought he could trust. Unfortunately, around Christmas time, Bushman discovered his mic being sold from Nady and Musician's Friend. He was double-crossed!

When Bushman contacted Musician's Friend, said company immediately took the Torpedo off their website. It took a little longer to make contact with John Nady. Then, both "John's" worked out a win-win deal to continue producing the popular harp mic. (doing happy dance)))

You can find the Bushman Torpedo here: [www.bushmanmusic.com]

~always Maria.

Date: March 04, 2006 04:31AM

Wow...

I just read Maria's post.

Hey Sully, have YOU read it yet?

John Hall is a truly nice guy. That being so, why don't you post an apology to him?

Sincerely,
-rufus

Posted by: sully (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: March 06, 2006 04:21AM

for what ,
I said it was made by NADY. It is.
I said the element ( not the mic ) used is a Nady element and it is.

Date: March 06, 2006 02:55PM

Wow...

"Sully"

Have you been to bushmanmusic.com yet? Your story does not match the information over there...

How can you know more about Bushman than they do?

Are you a Union or an Independent Contractor Bologna Thrower? For some reason you persist in throwing the baloney about Bushman. What is your beef, man?

For anyone following these threads:

1) You can believe "Sully" whoever the heck he really is. But don't blame me if you belch and taste balogna (baloney, to some).

OR,

2) You can go to THE Bushman site: www.bushman.com and get the REAL information from Bushman. You can read for yourself from John Hall, and also from his customers and friends.

As for me, my real name is Rufus. I do not know everything so I ask questions.

Date: March 06, 2006 03:31PM

Why all the drama, I said nothing but stated what companies allow thier factories to build the products. I also showed where those same companies offered the same or simalr products.

I also stated how I am ordering the mic now that John Hall is offering it again. I would not buy the Nady version due to the inforamtion on how they handeled the OEM deal with the mic.

I have read the forums over there and have yet to see where these mics are not made by NADY. The issues of design implementation and patents to design have little to due with who is soldering the wire. In this case NADY employees.

Date: March 06, 2006 04:16PM

Looks like John as gained some ground the NADY site now lists Buschman for design, it also confirms marketing and manufacturering to be NADY. There is a PDF link on the right.

[www.nadywireless.com]

Date: March 06, 2006 07:16PM

Developed by Bushman Music Works and manufactured in cooperation with Nady Systems.

Sully
Manufactured in cooperation with Nady Systems doesnt nessesaraly mean "made by".
What did you exspect them to say....we bought a bunch of these not knowing they were being made for another company so now we are working with Bushman to get rid of our stock?
Maybe they are going to make them for Bushman now...who knows? Judgeing on how I have seen John handle matters that upset him in past posts I realy dont think he would get back in bed with a company that screwed him. It could be the mic ellement was a Nady all along and and thats why Nady trusted the original factory and bought the bullets from them. I am not stating this as fact because I dont know it to be fact as im sure could be sead about your statments.

It's plane to see for some reason you cant come to terms with the fact that John Hall's exsplanation of what went on differs from your theory on what happened.

Get over it............

I do want to comend your integity on waiting to buy your bullet. I hope you enjoy it.

I hope this post and fourm can get back to what it should be now, which is how you like a product you own or have tryed or to get info on one you would like to buy.

Post Edited (03-06-06 15:52)

Date: March 06, 2006 08:07PM

Damn you folks are drama happy, I will say it again

I pointed out NADY a well known mic company has the same mic listed after it was pulled from the market

I come here to discuss... I show were I draw my information from by providing links. The mics are made at a NADY factory by NADY employees.

If I am wrong post information that states so.

The cost of running a production facility would keep john too busy to keep pushing his products foward. I feel the use of well known establish producers keeps a John eye on design.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: March 07, 2006 05:20PM

It would seem that just about everybody 'outsources' their work. I believe that even Nady outsources their stuff to other manufacturing companies.

From what I understand, John Nady is overseeing the manufacturing of the Bushman designed microphone, but it is not Nady employees soldering the wires, (wink, grin)))

~always Maria.

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 07, 2006 08:57PM

Outsourcing is the way of the world now.

Date: March 07, 2006 09:43PM

As long as there are checks and balances outsourceing could be a good thing. They can use a tested and confirmed build process instead of the trial and error that goes into developing one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.